Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Jim Eddie

Fedderate Reservoir
« on: June 11, 2017, 19:18:13 PM »

I fished Fedderate today, blowing a hooley but it always fished well in a wind. Fished a pearly pennell  on the point and a Partridge and lemon spider on the dropper.

Turned out to be the right choice as I had a good day, there is a natural head of Browns as there are two spawning burns. This season has been a good one for the Browns, I have had them from 6" to the 24" one I got today.

"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Mike Barrio

Re: Fedderate Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 20:19:47 PM »
Cracker Jim :z16
www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Jim Eddie

Re: Fedderate Reservoir
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 20:41:48 PM »
Cracker Jim :z16
I had another on about 1-1/2lb which would normally make my day, but the one in the picture was my best Brown from there. There are bigger fish in there though  :cool:
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum