Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Cullen Burn
« on: 08/04/2023 at 19:38 »
Following a day trip today where we parked at the beach and walked over the burn towards the Harbour, the sea pool under the viaduct looks very fishy!

There’s also a video on Facebook from 2018 showing a significant shoal of either Salmon or ST sitting in the bay waiting to run the burn.

Has anyone fished here before? Is it worth a trip back up with a rod at some point?

Jim Eddie

Re: Cullen Burn
« Reply #1 on: 09/04/2023 at 19:16 »
Andrew
That would halve been finnock in the burn. I have walked up the burn but not fished it, plenty trout rising.
You get permits from the tackle shop / hardware shop on the main street.
 :z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

Re: Cullen Burn
« Reply #2 on: 29/04/2023 at 12:19 »
( This is a back up post - originally posted by Alan Wetherly )

I have fished the Cullen burn back in 2015 think It was June 🤔 if I remember it was £5 for a trout permit from the hardware shop in Cullen, I had a walk along the burn the day before and a lot of it was hard access but there was a few openings and made for some great fishing, plenty of Finnock and some decent fighting browns also seen a few salmon, mainly upstream nymphing but managed a few swinging Pennels, teal blue silver, green wells ..  always wanted to go back but never had the chance , maybe this year.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com