Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Steven Sinclair

A fair lump from the bervie
« on: 21/10/2022 at 14:00 »
Once again my wee look over the bridge by my house proved fruitful 😎 was out walking the dog after work and spotted a pod of fish in the pool below so a quick change if plans had me running down to my unit to grab a rod and tied the dog up to a nearby tree. The result was well worth the hassle 👍

:z18

Steven

Eddie Sinclair

Re: A fair lump from the bervie
« Reply #1 on: 21/10/2022 at 16:33 »
That’s a fair old fish for a wee burn.

Well done

Ivor Duffus

« Reply #2 on: 21/10/2022 at 21:12 »
Cracking autumn Salmon 👍

Is that the first Salmon from the Bervie this year. I fish Laurencekirk and the water has been low all year. Only been out once on the Bervie this year.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #3 on: 22/10/2022 at 00:12 »
Cracking autumn Salmon 👍

Is that the first Salmon from the Bervie this year. I fish Laurencekirk and the water has been low all year. Only been out once on the Bervie this year.

Thanks! Whilst we havnt seen any big runs this year its by no means the first from the river but I've been led to believe it is the biggest so far and relatively clean given the time of year 👍 things have definitely been slower this year though and there's still fish hanging off in the bay (I walk my dog there daily  *smiley-wink*) i did have a cracker of a seatrout just over the 6lb mark early doors  it we've not had too much else to write home about since tbh and my pals that fish the Laurencekirk water have been saying g much the same as yourself.

My self and sinclair senior are heading down for a throw on the Arbuthnott stretch tomorrow. So hopefully we can borrow a couple more before the seasons out 👍

🍻

Steven.

Steven Sinclair

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: 22/10/2022 at 06:57 »
Cracker Steve.

I’ve been watching the two rivers at stoney but seen anything yet. The rain and some big tides have let me see how the fish can actually get into the river  *smiley-tongue-out* Different ball game for me but looking forward to next season and having a go.  Looks like lots of new things to explore

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 22/10/2022 at 08:46 »
Great stuff Steven  :z16

Have seen fish off the beach, but never fished the Bervie.

Peter McCallum

« Reply #7 on: 28/10/2022 at 19:39 »
Was that at bervie,?

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #8 on: 31/10/2022 at 16:32 »
Was that at bervie,?

It was indeed 👍 spitting distance from my house in the square 😎

🍻

Steven.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #9 on: 02/11/2022 at 15:30 »
Cracker Steve.

I’ve been watching the two rivers at stoney but seen anything yet. The rain and some big tides have let me see how the fish can actually get into the river  *smiley-tongue-out* Different ball game for me but looking forward to next season and having a go.  Looks like lots of new things to explore

Cheers Sandy!

Whilst I'm no longer a member of SDAA and won't be unless things change within the committee (long story...) I was raised fishing the Cowie and Carron and they are very much rivers where local knowledge helps and where 10% of the fishers catch 90% of the fish so if you ever want me to walk the Cowie with you at some point jist give us a shout 👍

Senior is due to retire (again) and I'm sure he would extend the same offer that I have.

If I was to give you some words of advice. The vast majority if my fish on the Cowie came from the wee runs and glides between the named pools. A lesson that took a long time for me to realise (dad did always tell me but you know how that goes 😅).

Cheers,

Steven.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com