Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Barrio DT Mallard Fly Lines New
« on: 04/10/2022 at 15:58 »
When the UK fly line manufacturing industry collapsed, I said I would always do my best to support the UK industry if there were any chance of a recovery ..... and here we are, a year or so down the line, currently half way through the production of a batch of lines with a new UK manufacturing company in Redditch  :)

Must confess that I am very proud indeed to have placed their very first order!

It is going to be great to be able to support them, alongside our superb lines from the USA!

James Laraway

Re: Barrio DT Mallard Fly Lines New
« Reply #1 on: 04/10/2022 at 20:02 »
Good on you Mike. I'll always look to support UK industry where I can. I'd rather pay a bit more and know it's built in the UK ...,

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 08/10/2022 at 10:10 »
The DT Mallards are now made and hanging in their curing skeins ( DT2F - DT7F ) they  just need to be coiled and packed when they are ready.

All going well,  I should receive them within the next couple of weeks   :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 15/10/2022 at 21:08 »
The DT Mallards have arrived and are now in stock in the webshop https://www.flylineshop.com/shop.html

..... and packed on the classic Redditch clamshell spools too, I'm sure some of you will recognise those  :)

Barrio Mallard double taper fly lines, one of the original 'Barrio Lines' that we designed back in 2002.

Developed on the rivers and lochs of Scotland and simply superb for traditional trout fishing tactics.

Our Mallard lines have always had a strong following, a firm favourite for when light presentation and a stealthy approach matters.

Great for roll casting, smooth overhead loops and line mending for drift control.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com