Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Laraway

Great service from Cookshill
« on: 07/07/2021 at 10:49 »
So I was running out of a few hackles and was struggling to find suitable capes so thought i would try Cookshill

Although you cant place an order online you can just ping them an email with your wish list and they will let you know if they can do it.

Swapped a few emails with Steve yesterday and my package of goodies dropped through the letter box just now ! Amazing service and top quality feathers  :z14

Thought I would try something a bit different so ordered some grouse hackles - they look great !

Re: Great service from Cookshill
« Reply #1 on: 14/07/2021 at 13:41 »
Always very reliable service. Also contactable through Facebook, usually prompt replies as well.

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 15/07/2021 at 18:36 »
Thought I would try something a bit different so ordered some grouse hackles - they look great !
Tie some bumbles and use a grouse hackle in at the front wound with blue jay (or guinea fowl, or actually a few turns of electric blue hackle). Not only do they look the mutts nuts, they catch fish and I think even better than the conventional bumble :z18

Terry Coging

« Reply #3 on: 27/07/2021 at 14:57 »
Steve Cooper is running the BFFI at Stafford again next Feb. I have a small stand reserved.

James Laraway

« Reply #4 on: 27/07/2021 at 15:22 »
Stafford is a bit of a trek from Inverness but I'd love to go for a nosey round....

Mind you I'm not sure i could afford all the 'must haves'  *smiley-lol*

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com