Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Laraway

Something to push some water
« on: 10/03/2021 at 14:28 »
cant wait to give it a swim in 5 days for the big browns...
Orange or yellow tail / Bronze UV polar chenille / GP pheasant rump feather (red) and grizzle yellow hen

Mike Barrio

Re: Something to push some water
« Reply #1 on: 10/03/2021 at 15:07 »
Nice  :z16

Steven Kidd

« Reply #2 on: 10/03/2021 at 19:59 »
Love them James,  :z16

Terry Coging

« Reply #3 on: 16/04/2021 at 20:36 »
Thank you for sending me the flies James.  Tied one on the top dropper today and caught  a couple and dropped a couple with it when nothing was showing   :cool: Should be great as the water warms up a bit and then it will go on to the middle dropper on the wafting rig. The fly is now named the Laraway Pusher   :z16

James Laraway

« Reply #4 on: 16/04/2021 at 22:36 »
That's excellent news Terry ! I'd been thinking about 'water displacing/pushing' flies for a while. Muddlers push water then I was watching fly vs jerk on YouTube. Last year the 'miras mouse' lure stormed it so Bauer made a  pike fly to copy it with a foam disk in front to displace a greater volume of water meaning the predators could 'feel it' through their lateral line.....
So I thought would the concept work on smaller predators....
Great that they work for you. I'll get some variants to you again soon in time for the nicer weather so you can test them on 'the waft'

James Laraway

« Reply #5 on: 22/04/2021 at 14:20 »
this is the 'next gen' variant' - claret and orange .
Those of you with sharp eyesight will notice that one has a 'traditional' mayfly type tail  - the other two wild boar bristles. Who knows, it may work and it actually looks quite nice ( to my eye anyway!)

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #6 on: 22/04/2021 at 16:59 »
I like those.

Eddie :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com