Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Masters

Loch Ard
« on: 07/10/2020 at 17:35 »
Hi all,
I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. Having only fished a couple of times (a decade ago), I've recently decided to get in to it and am going to start by doing some float fishing as someone I know was getting rid of some decent equipment. I will be near Loch Ard next week so thought this may be a good spot to have a go and get some experience.

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a decent spot that I can park at and find a good spot on the bank. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Mike Barrio

Re: Loch Ard
« Reply #1 on: 07/10/2020 at 21:47 »
Hi Jim ..... Welcome to the forum :z16

I haven't fished there myself, but I found a few contacts below that should be able to help you.

Best wishes
Mike

Fishing on Loch Ard ( https://www.kinlochard.org/fishing )

Loch Ard consists of approximately 600 Acres of waters of varying depths down to 100 meters in beautiful National Park surroundings.  The loch waters have been fished for centuries and offer good fishing conditions for fly fishing of brown trout and varied coarse fishing for pike and perch. The trout fishing season runs from 15th March to 6th October annually.

Sport fishing on Loch Ard  is welcomed and is controlled by the Aberfoyle Angling Protection Association(AAPA)  on behalf of the riparian owners including the Forestry Commission  and is regularly stocked with good size 12 to 14 month old trout.Day and season permits issued at several local sites as mentioned here-in with senior citizen and under 16 year olds juniors concessions available (juniors must be under adult supervision at all times).

Fishing permits must be carried at all times and be available for presentation to the AAPA Watcher who is responsible for the control of angling activities.

FISHING PERMIT SALES POINTS:
The Wee Bleather Tea Room
Kinlochard,
Stirling,
FK8 3TL
Tel. 01877 337

Go-Country
Forest Hills Water Sport Centre
Kinlochard
Stirling
FK8 3TL.
Tel: 01877 387750

Aberfoyle Post Office
Main Street
Aberfoyle
Stirling
FK8 3UG
Tel 01877 382231

James Bayne Fishing Tackle Shop
76 Main Street
Callander
Stirlingshire
FK17 8BD
Tel 01877 330218

Fishing from the banks is allowed as long as Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National National Parks regulations on outdoor activities are respected and in particular with regards overnight camping, littering and building of fires.

Anglers are also requested to respect private properties on the lochside and to seek landowners permission if fishing in the vicinity of private dwellings.

The Secretary
A.A.P.A
Blairhullichan
Kinlochard
Stirling
FK8 3TN 

Tel 01877 387341
e-mail   jablewis1@aol.com

For more information regarding permits, tactics and rules on Loch Ard - See http://fishinginthetrossachs.co.uk/loch-ard/

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com