Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Steven Sinclair

A few for our toothy friends
« on: July 02, 2019, 09:22:49 AM »
Morning gents,

I've been playing around with some new materials and new (to me) tying techniques as I plan to have a bash at some pike fishing when I'm next back in sunny Caledonia. All suggestions/critism will be very much appreciated as this is something I don't have much experience with.

:z18

Steven

David Martin

Re: A few for our toothy friends
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 10:53:38 AM »
They look great to me Steven.... :z16

Have you used any of them yet...?  The mouse is superb.... :z16

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 13:12:36 PM »
Cheers David  :z16

No not yet I'm currently in Brunei with work. They will get a throw when I'm back mid July.

Funny you mention the mouse as I've had a deep set hatred of spinning deer hair and always left muddlers and the like to my dad Eddie (he's in here) but finally decided to have a proper bash at it 👍

Steven

James Laraway

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 17:41:13 PM »
Nice shape on the flies!  If you think spinning deer hair is a pain try marabou or flashabou 🤣

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 21:23:42 PM »
Excellent looking flies Steven, I'm sure they will do the business with Esox

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum