Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

SOLD - Thomas and Thomas rod for sale New
« on: 25/01/2018 at 16:51 »
SOLD

This is a 2015 Thomas and Thomas Factory built Aero's medium action 8ft6" 4pc 4wt fly rod.
It is a stunning green colour with a beautiful T&T machine reel seat with spalted maple insert.
This is a Medium action carbon rod which is very much like fishing an Epic Glass fibre rod but a lot lighter and obviously a decent amount longer, which helps with control and mending on the river.
I love fishing this rod and it has seen some action on the river, it is however in excellant condition and comes with the original tube and rod bag. It has some small discolouration in the ferrule wraps, it came like this from the factory and i got a discount because of it, the rest of the rod is perfect, with some of the best cork i've ever seen on a factory rod.
I got this rod originally to see if i there was a viable carbon fibre option to glass and it proved that there is. All the Uber smoothness and relaxed casting but a crispness and lightness that the glass just can't match.

I'm looking for £300 delivered, which is a proper bargain for someone. Please PM me if you are interested.

Many thanks for Looking :z18

Sandy

Charlie Jackson

Re: Thomas and Thomas rod for sale
« Reply #1 on: 07/02/2018 at 21:02 »
hi Sandy  looks like a beautiful rod. Think  i am developimg a addiction.
Do you still have  it. I do like through action  rods  could be one to add to the collection. look forward  to hearing from you.
regards
Charlie Jackson

Sandy Nelson

Re: Thomas and Thomas rod for sale New
« Reply #2 on: 08/02/2018 at 19:06 »
SOLD
Many thanks for looking

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com