Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

JIMBOB

Tilley hat
« on: December 05, 2007, 14:14:26 PM »
Tilley are great hats for fishing. Easy to wash and quick drying. Had mine for years and it never seems to wear out. I read somewhere that they have brought out a winter hat made of wool I believe. Has anyone seen one of these or know where you can get them?

Mike Barrio

Re: Tilley hat
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 17:18:32 PM »
Hi "Jimbob"

What does a "Tilley Hat" look like? Is that like the Aussia Hats?

Best wishes
Mike
www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 08:30:28 AM »
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

JIMBOB

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 16:55:09 PM »
Yes Mike. A bit like an Aussie hat but made of cotton or hemp and can be rolled up and stuffed in a pocket. They are expensive but as hats go they are superb.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 18:01:08 PM »
Yes, I thought I remembered them being like that.

I noticed the winter hat on the link that Jim posted ...... Did you see it?
Here http://www.tilleyuk.com/thumbnail.asp?catId=13&gender=m&extractBy=CategoryId&id=1

At first glance they seem expensive?

What do you like about them Jimbob? Are they worth approx 50? ........ I'm not being funny, I'm interested :wink

JIMBOB

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 14:55:51 PM »
Mike
I would say that the hat is worth the money if quality is what you want. I wore mine for years in the jungles of Indonesia. It's been washed hundreds of times yet is still like new. I bought a second one from the Green Wellie shop in Tyndrum last year for 44. as my Sunday best!! And, if you lose it, Tilley will replace it for you FOC.
Expensive but highly recommended.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 07:27:30 AM »
Hi Jimbob

Great stuff, hats are very personal things and an important part of ones fishing tackle :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum