Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Kintore Anglers
« Reply #25 on: 22/01/2016 at 12:08 »
Hi Duncan,

Yes, as I understand it, any successful proposals would result in the changes taking place for the 2017 season.

Cheers
Mike

Colin Sunley

« Reply #26 on: 22/01/2016 at 12:15 »
Mike,
Thanks for the Info, and Side Notes :z16 :z16
Looking forward to seeing what happen next year for IAA,

Colin

Neill Cameron

« Reply #27 on: 28/01/2016 at 17:36 »
kintore  angling  club  trout   fishing  kintore   limited  permits    £50   2016  season   under 15  yearolds   free  tel neill  01467632538

Mike Barrio

« Reply #28 on: 28/01/2016 at 18:13 »
Hi Neill .......... Welcome to the forum :z16

Let's see if I have understood your post correctly? I am not 100% familiar with the layout of the Kintore Fishings ...... and it looks like you are posting from a phone without any comma and full stop keys :z4

Aberdeenshire Council have not renewed their lease for salmon fishing on the 'Crown Fishings' section of what is currently known as the 'Kintore Fishings', but they still own the 1 mile stretch on the Golf Course bank of the river?

Kintore Angling Club will take over the running of the 1 mile stretch on the Golf Course bank of the river in 2017 ( or did you mean the 'Crown Fishings' section? ) and will have a limited number of trout fishing permits available ( for club members only ) at £50 per season and junior club members under 15 yrs will be able to fish for free.

Telephone Neill on 01467 632538 for more details

It is great that you have posted this useful information :z16 ...... But please correct me if I have misunderstood your post Neill ....... and clarify which section will be run by Kintore Angling Club in 2017.

I know that Inverurie Angling Association are planning to offer open access to permits for the Inverurie Fishings, as per the current availability from Aberdeenshire Council. From your post, it looks like this is not what Kintore Angling Club are planning, which is somewhat surprising.

Best wishes
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #29 on: 28/01/2016 at 19:28 »
I'm lost  :z10

Mike Barrio

« Reply #30 on: 28/01/2016 at 20:06 »
Yes, sorry Neill ...... I'm afraid I'm lost too :z8

Neill Cameron

« Reply #31 on: 28/01/2016 at 20:11 »
kintore  have  only  1  kilometre  salmon  fishing  left,  as  council  have given  up  the  lease  for  crown   fishings

Colin Sunley

« Reply #32 on: 28/01/2016 at 20:19 »
Ringing in my ears Mike but I think our fist private club has just surfaced. It's a shame they have adopted that policy an am surprised the council would not have stipulated an open permit policy.
Again looking on with interest . P's  nout wrong with my phone full stops ....

Mike Barrio

« Reply #33 on: 28/01/2016 at 20:42 »
I'm not sure that that's the case Colin ..... reading through the lines, I think Neill might be trying to tell us that Kintore Angling Club can offer trout fishing permits for the current 2016 season ( for club members only ) on the 'Crown Fishings' beat/section of the river?

Is this what you meant Neill?

Best wishes
Mike

Neill Cameron

« Reply #34 on: 28/01/2016 at 20:49 »
yes  mike thanks.    kintore  angling  club  membership   £5  tel  01467632538.

Duncan McRae

« Reply #35 on: 28/01/2016 at 21:16 »
Hi Neill

Thanks for the info.
A real pity,some cracking Salmon/Sea trout water lost.
Any word if anyone has taken on the Salmon rights yet?

Duncan

Mike Thornton

« Reply #36 on: 28/01/2016 at 21:26 »
  Sorry to complicate matters further but as far as I am aware the club would be required to have trout permits available to the general public under the terms of the river Don  Protection Order.
    The council also used to pay  compensation to the farmers bordering the river in a deal to stop them selling trout permits, which they would be entitled to do.  Do not know how this will be resolved now.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #37 on: 28/01/2016 at 21:34 »
Sorry to complicate matters further but as far as I am aware the club would be required to have trout permits available to the general public under the terms of the river Don  Protection Order.

Good point Mike :z16

Although I would imagine that very few anglers would want a day permit at say £15 for example ......... if the season permit were only £50 + £5 club membership ......... but the option should be offered to satisfy the terms of the River Don Brown Trout Protection Order.

Andy Finlay

« Reply #38 on: 28/01/2016 at 21:42 »
yes  mike thanks.    kintore  angling  club  membership   £5  tel  01467632538.

I'm still lost  :z8

Colin Sunley

« Reply #39 on: 28/01/2016 at 21:48 »
Alternatively  offer a new pair of wellies to the farmer and get on for free 😆😆😆
Interpreting what has been said already I would say you were spot on their.mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #40 on: 28/01/2016 at 21:50 »
Which Mike? ( redfish Mike? ) ......... Don't start confusing things Colin :X1

Life would be so much easier if everybody used their real names on the forum instead of 'Usernames'.

Neill Cameron

« Reply #41 on: 29/01/2016 at 07:14 »
kintore  angling  club   will  sell  daily  and  weekly  permits  for  2017  season.

Neill Cameron

« Reply #42 on: 30/01/2016 at 13:00 »
Alternatively  offer a new pair of wellies to the farmer and get on for free 😆😆😆
Interpreting what has been said already I would say you were spot on their.mike
   have  you   seen the  damage caused  by  the fiooding. kintore  angling  club  will  help  this  farmer  pay  for  fences.

Mike Thornton

« Reply #43 on: 30/01/2016 at 13:16 »
  Aberdeenshire Council indicated that they would not be increasing permit prices this season due to poor salmon runs on the Don last year.  Please correct me if I am wrong, but since two thirds of the water at Kintore  [including some of the best pools] will not be available to Council permit holders this season, would it  be reasonable to expect that the permit price should be reduced accordingly ?   There is no harm in living in hope.
    May I take this opportunity to again raise the question asked by Duncan.    ie.  Does anyone know what is happening with the Crown water at Kintore ?

Neill Cameron

« Reply #44 on: 30/01/2016 at 13:25 »
the  crown  are  asking  £3750  per  season.  plus   £4000  assessment  to  salmon  river  board.  kintore  angling  club  can  not afford   this.  ps lease  says   only  5  anglers  at  any  one time .kintore  angling  club have  the trout  fishing.

Mike Thornton

« Reply #45 on: 30/01/2016 at 15:11 »
  Thanks for that Neill..  Much appreciated.

Andrew Ashcroft

« Reply #46 on: 30/01/2016 at 15:43 »
Does anyone know where to get a salmon permit for the crown water this coming season?

Duncan McRae

« Reply #47 on: 30/01/2016 at 16:51 »
Hi Redfish

Yes,I agree that the permit price should be reduced due to the loss of good water.

I have also heard that the Alford Waters are up for lease and that the Council are looking to sell the beat if they can.
I usually buy a Roving ticket but will hold back this year until i know  exactly what is happening.

Duncan

« Reply #48 on: 30/01/2016 at 18:15 »
No change until 2017 as far as I know. Plenty Time to find out exactly what's what.  I heard Haughton caravan park may take on the Alford beats but that's just river bank gossip and could well be wrong. Seems Kintore AC are only taking on the LHB beat surely that would be for Salmon trout and sea trout.

I will wait for Kintore AC to set up a Facebook Page with full information before deciding next year. Disappointed in losing the rover ticket ln 2017 but a guess the council are skint and the fishing is running at a lose.

Neill Cameron

« Reply #49 on: 31/01/2016 at 14:43 »
crown  fishing  up  for  lease  .

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com