Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Jim Eddie

Deveron
« on: October 09, 2006, 21:08:08 PM »
3 of us from (Myself , Hamish and George) the CSSC angling club fished the Deveron today on the Turrif angling association  waters today. The beat is just outside Turrif and is 3/4 of a mile long mostly double bank. Day ticket rods are limited to 4 per day.

The water was just 1" up on the gauge , with a hint of colour when we arrived, we had a chat with Frank from turrif Tackle and trophies where you get the permits , he was optimistic about our chances as he had 5 on the fly on Saturday.

That was the death knell, it was absolutely tropical , blues skies , felt like it was about 80 degrees I had to go back to the car and take some gear of as i was ready to expire with the heat.

For someone like myself who is more used to a 9ft 5# it was not a bad river to fish with the 15 footer , although I was knackered by the end of the day , not used to swinging the telegraph pole.

Suffice to say apart from a couple of Broonies and a kipper that George caught that was it for the day. Enjoyed it all the same. A wold say it would be a nice troot water as well , one of our club members fished it the previous week and had a 4-1/2lb broonie on a flying C.

The cost is 30 for the day, now some people might think that is expensive , however in comparison to say a day out to Hampden , or a 1/2 days paintballing costs around 35. I was at a wedding a the Pitoddrie house hotel at the bottom of Bennachie last month 30 would not have bough a round of drinks.

If anyone fancies a day on the water details are o be found on the web site http://www.fishingthedeveron.co.uk/TAA.htm

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum