Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Conehead

Orjak salmon fly pattern
« on: 03/10/2009 at 20:11 »
Hi All,

Can anyone out there help me track down dressing for Orjak fly. Ian Neale mentions this pattern on his Findhorn fishpal site, but gives no further info. Good picture would be a great help if poss :z18

Conehead

Re: Orjak salmon fly pattern
« Reply #1 on: 03/10/2009 at 20:14 »
Looks like I might have mispelt, should read ORJOK  :oops

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 03/10/2009 at 20:21 »
Orjok

Tube – Copper (1 inch in this case)
Thread – yellow for body, UTC 70 Fl. Fire Orange to finish off
Rib – UTC ultra wire in Hot Yellow
Body – Hot Yellow Lite Brite dubbing
Hackle – Orange cock
Wing – Yellow Arctic Fox or Templedog, topped with Orange Arctic Fox or Templedog and topped with 4 strands of Mirage flashabou
Cheeks – Jungle cock

:z18

Jim

lenap

« Reply #3 on: 03/10/2009 at 20:32 »
hello conehead,
                      i just thought i would give you a shout as to what i found while looking for your orjok fly, i came across this site http://www.caithnessqualityflies.co.uk/Nymphs.html , it might, or not have exactly what you want, but the detail fly pictures are first rate, good luck on your search, pete

Conehead

« Reply #4 on: 03/10/2009 at 20:50 »
Thanks Lenap and Jedi,
That was quick, helps me out agreat deal. Next question has to be has anyone any experience of using this pattern. It certainly seems to have all the right ingredients. I will have to live up to my tag and knock some conehead versions up.

Thanks Again
Geoff

Graham Ritchie

« Reply #5 on: 03/10/2009 at 21:49 »
It works well in the peaty water of the Findhorn after a spate. I have few fish off the Deveron on one as well, again in black peaty water after heavy rain.
Here is the step by step.

http://salmo.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=flytyingstepbystep&action=display&thread=1049

Conehead

« Reply #6 on: 06/10/2009 at 19:19 »
It works well in the peaty water of the Findhorn after a spate. I have few fish off the Deveron on one as well, again in black peaty water after heavy rain.
Here is the step by step.

http://salmo.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=flytyingstepbystep&action=display&thread=1049

Thanks for link and info on Orjok. Do I need to join salmo pro board site to view step by step :?

regards Geoff

« Reply #7 on: 06/10/2009 at 20:20 »

Thanks for link and info on Orjok. Do I need to join salmo pro board site to view step by step :?

regards Geoff

Could be the second forum you've had to join in one week! You be careful now Geoff. :z4

Graham Ritchie

« Reply #8 on: 06/10/2009 at 22:27 »

regards Geoff

Yes, you have to join to view the step by step.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com