Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Wets for tomorrow
« on: 01/09/2009 at 20:21 »
Off to Lintrathen again tomorrow and although blobs and cormorants are doing well, my top dropper is never shy of a traditional  :wink
Being having alot of success on traditionals patterns up there lately and I am fed up having to buy wets as i cant tie them worth a ****  :mad
So i had a play on the vice tonight and came up with a couple of things that resemble wets that have being doing well lately for me, i know they are not the best but i will persevere and see if i can take a fish on them tomorrow.
Wets will be a focus for me over the winter as i must get better so to speak as i hate scabby flies  :z4
Whats your thoughts ???? As always and coments and criticism welcome

Mike Barrio

Re: Wets for tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: 02/09/2009 at 00:11 »
Nice enough flies, which should hopefully produce some fish for you ....... Much, much nicer than Blobs & Boobies :wink

Yes, your heads are usually tidier than that? :z3

Looks like you've added a slightly longer hen hackle at the front? ( on the top one at least ) That's a nice touch and it shows you are thinking.

Great stuff ..... Good luck tomorrow
Best wishes
Mike

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 02/09/2009 at 18:37 »
Well the red tag saw its first action today  :z16
Was at Lintrathen and after the rainbows stopped jumping into my boat i took off the  blobs and cormorants and went traditional.
The day was going great and this wee chap just made it so much sweeter when he decided to nail my red tag wet  :grin
Pulling wets over the rising browns proved great fun and a few nice browns came of it.

Back to the vice to try some more wets out  :wink

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 02/09/2009 at 18:52 »
Thats a bonnie Troot Baz  :z16

:z18

Jim

Peter McCallum

« Reply #4 on: 03/09/2009 at 07:50 »
Those are none too scabby Baz, remember that trout (thankfully) don't read fly tying books! :cool:

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com