Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

S P Pilecomforter
« on: 13/06/2009 at 19:39 »
Just incase anyone was wondering as to its size and looks

Barry Robertson

Re: S P Pilecomforter
« Reply #1 on: 14/06/2009 at 11:47 »
Have you tried thi yet and if so was it any use?
Cheers
 :z18
Clarence

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 14/06/2009 at 11:59 »
Yes, one has.

Firstly I guess some form of positioning/ retaining system might help as you'll struggle to reposition it without soaking your cuffs if you are out of kinter after launch.
Wasn't aware of a feeling of being higher in the water.
Didn't have any of the forward slipping tendancies as highlighted in previous posts.

Is it a worthwhile purchase? I will continue to use it so that I can give it a good road test.

It is always another item to carry in a branch of the sport that benefits from a minimalist approach.
It's a standard tyre valve so a pump would be required to inflate the inner tube (e.g. if you wanted to carry it to a remote location deflated)

Anyone wishing to have a go can try it at Haddo on Saturday.

Iain

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 14/06/2009 at 23:28 »
Unfortuantly after reading Mr Partons article in one of the Trout mags this month I wont be giving him any more of my hard earned cash... :mad :mad :z8

But interested in trying to sort the slipping forward issue. I would guess the obvious fix would be to shorten the webbing straps at the front of the seat...will see what I can work out :)

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 15/06/2009 at 01:37 »
Hi Iain

I've had one of those for a few years now, I got it to try in my old "donut" tube, not to stop slipping, but to try and keep my neck above water :z4 Very useful as a boat seat as well :wink

So, there will be two at the fishery to try at the weekend :z3

Best wishes
Mike

ameliasdaddy

« Reply #5 on: 15/06/2009 at 07:22 »
I attach mine using a couple of cable ties to the straps at the rear of the seat. The trick is to position the cushion so that the bones of your a**se get behind it and you will not slip forward, correctly attached I can fish all day and not need to reposition the cushion. As for feeling any higher, I think the difference is minimal. I leave mine permanently attahed and inflated but don't fish remote waters therefore never have to consider the amount of gear I carry.

Matty

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 21/06/2009 at 08:01 »
Matty,

Iain C had a good idea yesterday, that was to attach velcro to both the canvas tube seat and the downward facing side of the Pilecomforter. I liked that as setting it up at the correct position would be relatively easy and after that there should be no chance of slippage during use - I'll try this method.

Iain

Andy Wren

« Reply #7 on: 21/06/2009 at 17:58 »
Being minimal ist I just dump the ring on the seat and go .seems to work like that for me .
BTW what did that nice Mr Parton say to rouse the ire ??
fraid I only regularly read T&S so dont follow the mags a lot occaisionally get FF&FT

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com