Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Size of deflated tube?
« Reply #15 on: 21/01/2009 at 13:17 »
Great stuff Jim :z16

I'm afraid I can't match this price anymore :z6 ..... but he'll get the Shakespeare Expedition float tube on "fleabay" for under £120 :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #16 on: 21/01/2009 at 13:37 »
If you prefer the Shakey , tube , free net and bass bag £105 delivered , scroll down the link.

http://www.yga.yorks.com/acatalog/XMAS_OFFERS_-UPTO_50__OFF.html

Cheers

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #17 on: 21/01/2009 at 19:29 »
I reckon i should be up and floating for the first of March, fully pimped out tube with some go faster stripes on it for the extra oomph!  :wink

This should be fun and dont worry there will be photos to follow  :z4

Dave Mundie

« Reply #18 on: 21/01/2009 at 19:31 »
Youre the man Jim :z16

What about hte £25 neoprene's http://www.yga.yorks.com/acatalog/XMAS_OFFERS_-UPTO_50__OFF.html further down they any good i can't seem to see the pic though.

Dave

Barry Robertson

« Reply #19 on: 21/01/2009 at 19:33 »
Thats to cheap to be warm enough for me  :shock
They must be pish at that price  :z4
Go buy them dave and let me know  :z16 :z4

Jim Eddie

« Reply #20 on: 21/01/2009 at 19:35 »
Dave

They are thigh waders , no good for the tube.

Boot foot neoprenes are fine, if you have to walk any distance though I would reccoemd the Breathables and a pair of Korkers.

:z18

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #21 on: 21/01/2009 at 19:37 »
I think iam going for Stockingboot waders and rockclimbing boots as the places i will be going are not fit for walking in waders  :z6
I think waders are a major part of float tubing surely so is it no wise to buy pretty decent ones?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #22 on: 21/01/2009 at 19:47 »
Yes Baz, the best lifejacket, float tube and waders that you can afford ......... :wink

Cheers
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #23 on: 21/01/2009 at 19:47 »
Dave

I had another look, they are  chesties but stocking foot , you'd need to buy a pair of boots as well.

Baz

Have you tried Korkers with interchangeable sole ? I have had them for about 3 seasons now , fished the Ericht , Dee , Don, Deveron , Ythan and walked into Beannie a couple of times with no problems. You can walk in with lugged soles and them swop them for felt soles for wading. Mind you in the tube the soles do not matter.

Waders Its up to you , every pair I've had have leaked regardless of the price , also if you are fishing rivers , barbed wire fences and gorse are no respector of price.
I have the Scierra 5mm neoprenes , most are 4 or 4.5mm which is OK , they were top of the range but I think they have been discounted now. Neoprenes are no use for walking in though you'd lost a couple of stones in sweat  :z4

Jim        

Dave Mundie

« Reply #24 on: 21/01/2009 at 20:09 »
Dave

I had another look, they are  chesties but stocking foot , you'd need to buy a pair of boots as well.

Jim        

Was just about to tell you it was further down the page.

Is there much places local (say within 2hrs) to pitmedden that you can use the tubes (i know haddo) as this also has a bearing in it for me, no point in getting all the kit for this hols and not be able to use when i'm home also.

Mike you just have the shakey dont you, you dont have the ron t one do you? Just for comparison.

Can anyone else comment on the Ron  T one?

Dave

Mike Barrio

« Reply #25 on: 21/01/2009 at 20:14 »
Hi Dave

No, I just have Sparton and Shakespeare float tubes. I have much more confidence in their multi bladder system.

Cheers
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #26 on: 21/01/2009 at 20:15 »
DAVE

Loch Park is a cracking loch for tubing , its wild Brownies , but there are some crackers , no more than an hours drive from you.

Lochindorb is a bit further but free fishing for tubers , out of courtesy just clear it with the keeper , tarditonal Scottish wild Brownies 3 to the lb , but there has to be some crackers.

Loch Beannie , 1/2 way down Glenshee another cracking wild loch , about 30/45 mins walk in with the tube though , £10 a day or £35 for a season ticket.

Jim  

Dave Mundie

« Reply #27 on: 21/01/2009 at 20:28 »
Hi Dave

No, I just have Sparton and Shakespeare float tubes. I have much more confidence in their multi bladder system.

Cheers
Mike

Does the Ron T only have a single bladder? maybe jim can answer that one.

DAVE

Loch Park is a cracking loch for tubing , its wild Brownies , but there are some crackers , no more than an hours drive from you.

Lochindorb is a bit further but free fishing for tubers , out of courtesy just clear it with the keeper , tarditonal Scottish wild Brownies 3 to the lb , but there has to be some crackers.

Loch Beannie , 1/2 way down Glenshee another cracking wild loch , about 30/45 mins walk in with the tube though , £10 a day or £35 for a season ticket.

Jim  

Thats good to know, i guess there would be other i guess it's just the case of asking.
As i said i'd have to justify the need before i went out and spent.

What does anyone think of these Klobba boots £44.99?

Jim Eddie

« Reply #28 on: 21/01/2009 at 20:37 »
Dave

The R/T's have 2 bladders , one main one and one in the back-rest. When the weather improves and I'm tubing at Haddo come out and you can have a go .

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #29 on: 21/01/2009 at 20:47 »
Dave

The R/T's have 2 bladders , one main one and one in the back-rest. When the weather improves and I'm tubing at Haddo come out and you can have a go .

Jim

Spot on Jim

That is the great thing about the float tube gatherings, the perfect time to check out and maybe try out each others gear. Personally, on hind sight, I would not buy a float tube without having tried one and the same goes for a fly rod nowadays too.

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com