Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

SWFF Flies
« on: 15/09/2008 at 23:07 »
Although Luckyshot has posted various flies on another topic I thought I'd start a new thread under flytying.

Here are my first attempts at Saltwater Patterns, all DNA Baitfish variations.

Iain

Mike Barrio

Re: SWFF Flies
« Reply #1 on: 15/09/2008 at 23:09 »
Looking good to me :z16

Cheers
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 16/09/2008 at 06:34 »
I'm sure they would catch fish Iain  :wink

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 16/09/2008 at 09:10 »
Iain,
pretty similar to the ones I have been tying. Mine have smaller heads but thats about it :)

They WILL catch!!!!!...so get you there and give it a go :)

I would suggest that if you dressed these on more suitable "trout" hooks they would also take big Browns from the river..but i might get lynched by the mob ;)

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 16/09/2008 at 10:08 »
Rob,

They are my Brown Trout Lures!!   :z13

Iain

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #5 on: 16/09/2008 at 15:32 »
Yea they look great, I need to tie some more with the EP stuff i got, done a few massive ones but want to tie a few more sensible flies also.

We should all meet up for a SWFF session.

Need to buy another fly box for these as they have taken over my trout box (all buzzers, klinks etc no lures. I really should tie some!)

Stuart Smith

« Reply #6 on: 16/09/2008 at 21:21 »
ive just done what your thinking and got another box foe bait fish patterns.they do take over but they catch loads of troots

stuart :z12

Iain Goolager

« Reply #7 on: 16/09/2008 at 22:41 »
And some Clousers..............

sorry for the poor photo

Iain

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 17/09/2008 at 08:50 »
Iain,
liking those.... :)

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #9 on: 17/09/2008 at 11:59 »
Im going to have to get more of these tied up in various colours and sizes. Ive ordered a new fly box so when I get back from Holiday I'll likely start expanding my collection.

We should set up a SWFF-FT (SaltWater Fly Fishing Fly Tying - WOW) event lol, mine never seem to catch :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #10 on: 17/09/2008 at 12:49 »
Cameron, was out Monday night for a quick bash. Something had pushed all the baitfish into the mouth of the harbour and the other side of the wall...but the wind was gustly and sea rough. There where lots of birds working the fry, but after 40 minutes i gave up..i was getting wet and cold.

Next time maybe...next time!!

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #11 on: 17/09/2008 at 17:25 »
Cameron, was out Monday night for a quick bash. Something had pushed all the baitfish into the mouth of the harbour and the other side of the wall...but the wind was gustly and sea rough. There where lots of birds working the fry, but after 40 minutes i gave up..i was getting wet and cold.

Next time maybe...next time!!

And where was my invite???

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #12 on: 18/09/2008 at 08:19 »
lol..it was a very very impromptu trip..as in I was meant to be in st Fergus but had to drive all the way back to town for a 30 minute meeting, then back up the road...so I decided to have a quick chuck before I left :) On expenses..lol!

I wonder if i can claim back the two flies i lost?  :z4

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #13 on: 18/09/2008 at 11:49 »
ok I'll let you off then.  :wink

Mike Barrio

« Reply #14 on: 25/09/2008 at 01:26 »
Hi folks :cool:

I see "night crawler" has added a nice swff photo to the gallery today :z16

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com