Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Laraway

Highland lochs 2024
« on: 18/02/2024 at 12:53 »
So yesterday the weather wasn't looking too bad so i thought i would take the opportunity for a wee cast after old Esox. I went to the same loch near aviemore that i tried last year and where i missed a couple of good takes.
Luckily the weather was calm but a little chilly so i headed out in the tube.
Within 10 mins i was in . A fairly gentle take but a great strong fight and a lovely fish in the net.
I would have filmed the fight but the battery was dead on my 'action camera' so i didn't really get any good photos of here as i was scared of dropping my phone overboard !
Only managed about 3 hours of fishing as my feet were getting cold but a good day was had.
She took a 'pike imitation' on a Barrio Predator intermediate line with a free running cone on the leader to get down a bit.

Mike Barrio

Re: Highland lochs 2024
« Reply #1 on: 18/02/2024 at 17:36 »
Nice one James, good to get out and blow away the cobwebs  :)

James Laraway

« Reply #2 on: 01/04/2024 at 14:16 »
so this year i joined Dornoch Angling Club for something a bit different.

As the weather was nice on Friday i headed up to fish Loch Lannsaidh which is their stocked loch in the hills about 15 mins from dornoch.

All their lochs look lovely and natural, as did this one

I was fishing from the tube and as i was setting up there were fish moving everywhere ( it had been stocked a couple of weeks ago)

I had great sport and got 14 for my day on a mix of lines , flies and tactics.

If you  are ever in the area you can also get day permits for most of the lochs.

Im looking forward to trying their wild trout lochs too but thought i would start with the 'bows.

One of two of their trout lochs have a reputation for good brownies so looking forward to that ! Also being a member i can get access to Loch Brora also  *smiley-yippee*

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 01/04/2024 at 16:27 »
Looks fantastic  *smiley-love*

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 01/04/2024 at 16:47 »
Nice one James, sounds awesome  >)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com