Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Barrio Switch Lines
« on: 03/08/2023 at 15:55 »
Deja Vu - casting the original Switch lines back in November 2012.

I was on the river with my latest samples today, but in the August wind and drizzle!

Terry Coging

Re: Barrio Switch Lines
« Reply #1 on: 06/08/2023 at 07:24 »
What weights are you doing Mike?

Mike Barrio

Re: Barrio Switch Lines
« Reply #2 on: 06/08/2023 at 18:11 »
Hi Terry

I am bringing back my original Switch line range, and all going well, we should be able to start production of these over the coming weeks  :z16

The Barrio Switch product info page is live on the website and this contains the relevant head weight information: https://www.flylineshop.com/barrio-switch.html

So I will have my full range of 'light Spey' style lines again, from the Smallstream WF1F line --> the SLX lines --> up to the Switch 8/9 line.

The Smallstream and SLX have been designed for single handed casting, and the Switch line has been designed for double handed casting.
But there can be some crossover in the middle, for double handed casting it's all about matching those grain/gram head weights to the recommendations for your rod and some SLX lines can therefore also be suitable for double handed 'Trout Spey' rods for example.

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

Re: Barrio Switch Lines New
« Reply #3 on: 19/08/2023 at 16:20 »
Return of the Switch  :z16

All sizes in stock on the website.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com