Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Andrew Boswell

Readly App
« on: 22/07/2023 at 17:28 »
Does anyone else use the Readly magazine viewing app?

I recently cancelled my FF&FT subscription as recent magazines have contained about ten minutes of reading, but then couldn’t get a copy of the July edition which had a sea trout article I wanted to read.

The Readly app is £9.99/month currently with two months free trial. FF&FT and T&S are both on it, with years of past editions viewable as well. In addition to thousands of other magazines. I can read them on my iPhone, although an iPad would probably be better.

I managed to get this year’s T&S subscription using my Tesco vouchers, but as it has recently been sold to another publishing house I doubt this will be possible in the future. However I  may continue with the Readly app beyond the trial period, if only for the archive.

Dave Robb

Re: Readly App
« Reply #1 on: 22/07/2023 at 20:25 »
Was signed up for a couple of years, when it was £7.99 p/m.

It’s very good value if you use it and if you buy the two main fishing mags anyway, it makes sense to sign up to Readly.

I also like how you can switch countries and access the American stuff.  Factor in other subjects like Tech, cooking or whatever floats your boat, it’s excellent.

I used it on iPad which was a perfect size.  I found it awkward on the phone.

However, there’s so much good content on YouTube these days I was reading the magazines less and less so cancelled.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 27/07/2023 at 12:05 »
Difficult one, like so many things in life, if we don't support the magazines we will lose them  :z8

I agree that they feel light on content, and could perhaps learn a bit from the likes of Fly Culture.

I like the cleaner layout in Trout & Salmon nowadays, with less columns and a larger text size, it's much easier on the eye.

I guess 'Content is King' ...... and the key to their future  :z16

Would I sign up for the App?
Don't know if I would use it enough - but I do like the idea of being able to read a range of fishing mags, plus other interests, and the archive copies.

Ian Bell

« Reply #3 on: 27/11/2023 at 09:59 »

You can also share your subscription with family & friends!

« Reply #4 on: 09/12/2023 at 17:34 »
It does sound like great value if you read the magazines. I spend all my working day staring at screens so prefer hard copy when reading for pleasure and to relax.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com