Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Fishing at Tillypronie Loch
« on: 21/04/2021 at 00:50 »
Can you still get permits to fish Tillypronie Loch for brownies?

Tillypronie or Pronie loch? ..... I'm not sure that I ever got that one right  :z4

I think the estate was up for sale a few years ago and I don't think I've heard or read anything about it since.

Peter McCallum

Re: Fishing at Tillypronie Loch
« Reply #1 on: 21/04/2021 at 13:24 »
What about just heading up to fish? Guarantee somebody will come along to tell you , "ye cannae fish there son"  :z4

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 21/04/2021 at 13:27 »
I like your style  :z14

Steven Kidd

« Reply #3 on: 21/04/2021 at 18:47 »
I remember a very long time ago doing that very thing on another water as a lad..........took all my stuff into the water and said I could fish there if i wanted as you cannae own the water just the land,  :z4

I was a tyke aged 11.

Steven

Matt Hart

« Reply #4 on: 04/05/2021 at 11:08 »
I've been tempted to give it a crack, thought about even taking my sea fishing kayak up to get out on to the water. Couldn't find any info anywhere about rights etc. Passed it loads of times when out on the bike and always thought it looked inviting but wasn't sure if there was anything in it.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 04/05/2021 at 11:10 »
Used to be permits from the estate, but I've lost the contact details now  :X1

Was hoping that somebody would have an update ...........

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 04/05/2021 at 21:53 »
Nope - but I may put out feelers as I liked a cast at that loch and would maybe try a day there in July when down.

Matt Hart

« Reply #7 on: 13/07/2021 at 10:58 »
Just for a bit of an update on this...

I went up to the loch (and the smaller one beside it) last night for a look...sat and watched the water for a good while and it was like glass - completely flat like a mirror. Anyway, with the conditions you would have been able to spot any fish activity a mile off, but there was absolutely nothing doing.

Surprising as well as the fly/insect life was incredible! Any fish in there would have had an all-you-can-eat buffet...so I'm wondering if it's either been fished til it was empty - or if the local birds have maybe had all of the fish for their dinners too.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com