Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Loxiafan

Re: Digital Camcorders for fishing?
« Reply #25 on: 31/01/2013 at 13:25 »
Mine is a 3 and I think Iain's is a 2. Lot's of good deals on the 2 at the moment on the net. I haven't had a look at the settings or anything yet, that was taken by simply taking the thing out of the box, putting it on the head strap and turning it on :z4

Thank Mike, very good effort straight out the box ! Yes the 2's are going for a song just now and are appealing ! The 3 looks really good but having just bought another Rod (and Guitar  :shock) and paid the Tax for the year ( :z10) it would be hard for me to justify !

Cheers,

Lindsay

Iain Goolager

« Reply #26 on: 31/01/2013 at 18:23 »
Hi Lonsdale,

I can't bring myself to check out the current deals on the GoPro2 it might make me cry. Obviously the 3 must be an improvement on the 2 e.g more compact and has new features like WI-FI, increased frame rate ( if I recall correctly), etc but the 2 is still more than capable of making good videos of your 'trout lost in the weedbeds' productions.

Sell one of your guitars!

I've said before that it's important to take photo's of your fish and surroundings so that they can be remembered and relived long after the event, but to my mind video is so much more stimulating and in a few years I'll wager that the amount of guys (and gals) recording their exploits will start to rocket.

Any probs with them "freezing" up after a few secs recording that the interweb is rife of ? Can you mount it safely on say a reversed baseball cap ?

Don't know what you mean here Lindsdale? You don't mean the buffering from having a council broadband rate do you?..... As for freezing up, never been an issue for me.
Baseball cap? It won't sit on one with NY or Lakers on it but the head strap will allow it to sit on a normal cap just fine.

Iain

Loxiafan

« Reply #27 on: 31/01/2013 at 18:57 »
Cheers Iain,

Thanks for the comments. Yep good deals on Hero2 just now, the 3 would be hard to justify though.

I'd come across quite a bit of anti Pro2 and even new 3, where the camera switches off after a few secs and says "repair file edit". It doesn't and only cure is to remove battery and reboot ? Thats said, some of these dudes are using it on skiing holidays and I wonder if it is the cold.

Close to pulling the trigger on Hero2 Outdoor Edition, but it might have to be a 'black op' job  :wink

Linz

Iain Goolager

« Reply #28 on: 31/01/2013 at 18:59 »
You know it makes sense!

Loxiafan

« Reply #29 on: 01/02/2013 at 13:15 »
You know it makes sense!

Don't know about that, but too late now black op in progress :wink

Lindsay

Iain Goolager

« Reply #30 on: 01/02/2013 at 14:57 »
 :z16

Youtube here you come!

Iain

Loxiafan

« Reply #31 on: 06/02/2013 at 23:25 »
:z16
Youtube here you come!

Well, the GoPro Hero 2 arrived today ! Quite surprised by how small it is given the Hero3 is 25% smaller ! It will be given it's premiere on a March day on the Deveron, so I hope Alan's troots are playing ball !  :wink

Lindsay

Iain Goolager

« Reply #32 on: 07/02/2013 at 17:47 »
Champion Lindzer  :z16

How you mounting it?

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #33 on: 07/02/2013 at 18:54 »
Champion Lindzer  :z16

How you mounting it?

Iain

Oooo er Mrs  :z4 :z4 :z4

:z18

Jim

Loxiafan

« Reply #34 on: 07/02/2013 at 18:58 »
How you mounting it?

Only on ma heid the now as it only came with a headstrap - you preferred this anyway ? Might get the chest mount I don't know yet.

Any tips as to best shooting resolution settings and angles and a' that ?

Cheers,

Linz

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com