Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jay Scott

Season Permits 2010
« on: 27/01/2010 at 18:51 »

Hi Guys,

Noticed a lot of you are talking about getting season tickets for the council waters so just thought i would put an update on.

The council have changed there permit system this year it is all going to be made available online from the aberdeenshire council website. Permits are still available from Sloans for those who dont have the internet or wish to purchase a day ticket. Day tickets will be available online however only 7 days in advance.

As to prices for this season i am not sure yet, we are meant to be having a rep from aberdeenshire council coming into Sloans very soon, they are sending us a sample program tomorrow because as far as i am aware it isn't just working as well as they hoped (Big shock there).

I have heard from a reliable source not official though that they are introducing tags to go through the gills for any salmon killed.. 6 will be issued with your permit and anyone caught without one on their catch will be considered poaching.

This is all due to happen this season but it appears it isnt going to the timescale they would have liked. Only 2 weeks until the start of the season and we haven't been given any training on the new system. Now despite my opinion (which isn't good on the matter) it does make it easier for some people out there. Like to hear everyone else's opinions.

Cheers,

Jay

Iain Goolager

Re: Season Permits 2010
« Reply #1 on: 27/01/2010 at 23:45 »
Interesting Jay,
it's not lke the council to be disorganised!  :z10  I hope their on-line catch return system is better than last season.

I hope the season ticket rise isn't going to be large, councils seem to have this knack of finding a way of redressing budget deficits - I'm always expecting to arrive at some lay-by and find a parking meter. :z7

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 28/01/2010 at 00:07 »
Hi Jay :z16

Interesting news thanks ...... keep us updated :wink

Hi Iain :z16

I updated the website yesterday, see http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/inverurie-burgh-fishings.html which is the info that I got from the council :wink

Cheers
Mike

rattrala

« Reply #3 on: 28/01/2010 at 05:26 »
Guys Found this on the council http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/parks/fishing/fishing_season_permits.asp#Charges

Permit Charges 2010SEASON TICKETS

Resident Non Resident 
Adult £97.00 £150.00
*School  £48.00 £ 75.00 
**Senior £48.00 £ 75.00 
Disabled £48.00 £ 75.00 

ROVING TICKET

Resident Non Resident 
Weekly Not available  £135.00
Season £180.00 £225.00
*Season School  £ 90.00 £110.00

DAILY TICKET

Resident Non Resident 
Adult £27.00 £32.00
*School £13.00 £16.00
**Seniors £13.00 £16.00
Disabled £13.00 £16.00

BROWN TROUT ONLY- Daily April to September (inclusive)

Resident Non Resident 
Adult £12.00 £12.00
*School £ 4.00  £ 4.00 
**Senior £ 6.00  £ 6.00 
Disabled £ 6.00  £ 6.00 

Please Note:
* School concession - customers under 16 years of age
** Senior concession - customers over 60 years of age

Matt Henderson

« Reply #4 on: 28/01/2010 at 08:22 »
Interesting Jay,
it's not lke the council to be disorganised!  :z10  I hope their on-line catch return system is better than last season.

I hope the season ticket rise isn't going to be large, councils seem to have this knack of finding a way of redressing budget deficits - I'm always expecting to arrive at some lay-by and find a parking meter. :z7

Iain

I hope the information is of better quality than last year too.

I tried in vain to find on definitive answer to how many fish you were or weren't allowed to keep, and the area of sea-trout is very grey...

Tam Greenock

« Reply #5 on: 28/01/2010 at 08:40 »
£180 for a roving season ticket sounds good to me  :z18

Dave Mundie

« Reply #6 on: 28/01/2010 at 17:11 »
What do they class as Resident/non Resident is there a milage around Inverurie or just if you stay there?

Dave

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 28/01/2010 at 17:19 »
What do they class as Resident/non Resident is there a milage around Inverurie or just if you stay there?

Dave

It was .... as a resident of Aberdeenshire :wink

I think that is still the case Dave, I haven't bought one for a while, but Jay from Sloan's should know.

Cheers
Mike

Jay Scott

« Reply #8 on: 28/01/2010 at 18:40 »

Mike's right, a resident is if you live in Aberdeenshire. If you live in Aberdeen City you will have to pay the full whack!

Jay

Dave Mundie

« Reply #9 on: 28/01/2010 at 23:26 »
Looked at the council site, I didn't realise that Alford , Kintore was included I thought it was just Inverurie.
Are there any maps available as i con't know the rivers/area that well?

Dave

Jay Scott

« Reply #10 on: 28/01/2010 at 23:45 »

We have maps at sloans you can take away with you Dave  :z16

Jay

Dave Mundie

« Reply #11 on: 28/01/2010 at 23:51 »
We have maps at sloans you can take away with you Dave  :z16

Jay

:z12 will pop in past :z18

Dave

Ben Dixon

« Reply #12 on: 29/01/2010 at 00:31 »
have heard from a reliable source not official though that they are introducing tags to go through the gills for any salmon killed.. 6 will be issued with your permit and anyone caught without one on their catch will be considered poaching.

Jay,  if this is the case it is excellent news.  Similar systems are in place in England and they work very well there.  I would like to se things taken even further, barbless doubles or singles only before 1st June and multi hook lures banned on all beats regardless of point in season.

Cheers

Ben

Jay Scott

« Reply #13 on: 29/01/2010 at 19:32 »

Yes, i do agree with the tagging i have seen a lot of Irish anglers using it, hopefully cut down a bit of poaching or anglers withceeding their season limits :z16

Jay

Duncan McRae

« Reply #14 on: 02/02/2010 at 13:03 »
Jay

Yes i think that a tagging scheme can only be for the good.

The council seem to be making a real effort to conserve Salmon stocks and control illegal fishing.
Their recent restrictions on numbers of fish killed,low water spinning and number of treble hooks along with total catch and release of Spring fish are all good conservation measures.
Whether these measures can be successfully policed is doubtful given the small number of Bailliffs on the river.

Another measure which i personally would like to see implemented is an earlier closing date for their Waterside and Haughton beats, which by October can be stuffed with Red and Gravid fish, some of which are already on their spawning Redds

Duncan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com