Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jay Scott

The Barrio Winter Fly Tying Competition
« Reply #75 on: 22/03/2007 at 18:42 »
Thanks. Nah i didnt give up, i just have bad time management skills  :sad:  special thanks to Mike, Sandy and Hamish for all the work they put in and i have to say all of the flies look great!  :z16

Thanks, Jay

Irvine Ross

« Reply #76 on: 22/03/2007 at 19:11 »
If you look back to Mike's post on the first page , he said that the proceeds would go to the Wild Trout Trust. so, in my humble view, having made the promise we should honour it.

As to the "how we do it", sounds like a grand excuse for a Forum gathering and Haddo is the obvious location. Unless anyone has a better idea.

Irvine

PS What was in the coffee Hamish? Irish or Scotch? :z4

Hamish Young

« Reply #77 on: 22/03/2007 at 19:24 »
Quote from: "Hares Lug"
If you look back to Mike's post on the first page , he said that the proceeds would go to the Wild Trout Trust. so, in my humble view, having made the promise we should honour it.

Works for me  :wink:

As to the "how we do it", sounds like a grand excuse for a Forum gathering and Haddo is the obvious location. Unless anyone has a better idea.

Also works for me  :grin:

PS What was in the coffee Hamish? Irish or Scotch? :z4

Sorely tempting with either  :cool:  but it was espresso made from unfeasibly expensive coffee beans harvested by dusky virgins or nuns somewhere in Africa  :z4  (something like that anyway  :wink: ).

Mike Barrio

« Reply #78 on: 22/03/2007 at 20:49 »
Hi folks

Yes, I feel that the money raised from the raffle on this particular occasion should be donated to the Wild Trout Trust ......... as this was our original intention  :cool:

I think the reason for one or two of us thinking about possible alternatives for a donation ......... is that a good number of the forum members have already supported the WTT this month via their Ebay charity auction  :wink:

A lot of forum members are asking me if we can do this again next winter? The answer is yes ......... I would be delighted to run another winter fly tying competition again next winter and this would be an excellent opportunity for us to support our local River Don Hatchery  :cool:

The idea of a forum "day out" at Haddo in the near future is great thanks, I would like that and will put the kettle on  :z4  
Can Sandy and Hamish PM each other to agree on a Saturday that they can both come along to please? and we can organise it from there  :cool:

Lastly for now ......... I think we should auction the flies on here in a special thread ( rather than at a day out ) so that all forum members, including those who live overseas, can have the chance to win the flies  :cool:

I hope this is OK
Best wishes
Mike Barrio

« Reply #79 on: 22/03/2007 at 21:03 »
Hi Lads
                   I am up for that Tubes, Boats or a mix of both i will be there.
                                                                                                      :z2
                 Has anyone seen the fishing program tales from the river bank. The one that was on today was about the may fly hatch cracking brownie caught about 8 lb, its repeated about 3 times a day. Its on again to night at 11 oclock the best i have seen for a long time its on uktv gardens 258 is the program number. Geoffrey Palmer that was on the complete angler,that dose the talking in the back ground.

Henry from thewaterbouys      :lol:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #80 on: 22/03/2007 at 22:10 »
Hi folks

I have posted the first auction in the "Fly Tying & Rod Building" section of the forum  :wink:

Good luck
Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Dutchfly

« Reply #81 on: 23/03/2007 at 12:07 »
Now that's a nice way to start the weekend!

Thanks Mike, Sandy and Hamish, for taking the time and trouble to organise this competition. It's a nice way to test your skills, so I'm looking forward to the next one.

I'll post my patterns shortly.

CU

Jeroen

Mike Barrio

« Reply #82 on: 25/03/2007 at 23:50 »
Hi folks

Jeroen very kindly sent me a PM to say thanks for the competition which he enjoyed taking part in for the fun  :cool:

"Although it's the first time ever I've won a prize with flytying, this competition to me was just for fun, so no need to send me a flyline. Maybe there's a youngster (Andrew or Jay) you can give it to? Cool way to sponsor a novice."

Thanks Jeroen!  :z16
I will award the prize to young Andrew, for tying three very nice flies and almost beating his Dad  :wink:

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

fly tying
« Reply #83 on: 28/03/2007 at 16:00 »
hi jeroen  

thankyou very much for the line and i will certainly put it to good use and i really liked your flies and look forward to the next fly tying competition thankyou  :lol:  :lol:  :z4

andrew
the waterbuoys

Mike Barrio

« Reply #84 on: 28/03/2007 at 20:12 »
Hi folks

I have posted the second and third auctions in the "Fly Tying & Rod Building" section of the forum  :wink:  

Good luck
Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Dutchfly

« Reply #85 on: 29/03/2007 at 11:57 »
Hi Andrew,

My pleasure, but in all honesty it's Mike you have to thank. He was so generous to donate the prizes.

I hope you'll catch a lot of fish with the line. Which one did you choose?

All the best from Holland,

Jeroen

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com