Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ian Fraser-Stables

2nd outing with a Barrio Small Stream 2
« on: 29/05/2023 at 21:15 »
Our second outing on the Test was at Timsbury, part of the Test near Romsey and where it is just a river rather than typically for the Test, lots of split side streams or carriers, as they are further upstream.

The Small Stream 2 line cast superbly and in the margins and smaller area's in between the islands it is a supreme line to use. I switched to the GT90 for the wider sections and amazed my fishing buddy by getting to the far bank with a dry fly.  I dont think he realised I had the wind behind me a lot of the time.  *smiley-grin*

As you can see from the photos, the river is wide here and has some very deep pools as well as some lovely glides and islands.  And of course a rather nice lunch area with the obligatory cigars  :z18 *smiley-grin*

Whats nice about this venue is that you can take your brace and thereafter catch and release or just catch and release!

James Laraway

Re: 2nd outing with a Barrio Small Stream 2
« Reply #1 on: 30/05/2023 at 09:36 »
lovely markings on that first brownie - its amazing how markings differ !

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 30/05/2023 at 10:34 »
Looks great in the photos Ian  :)

Really pleased that you are enjoying the lines!

Cheers
Mike

Ian Fraser-Stables

« Reply #3 on: 07/06/2023 at 12:04 »
I agree James, they seem to vary moreso with Brown Trout than with Rainbows.

Mike, I think I could be called a slightly above average caster,  but not great, however I have to say your lines do make me look good.   *smiley-lol* *smiley-lol*

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com