Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Matthew Riley

I will be fishing the river Don in July for brown trout and I  must admit I am a bit lost.  If any one would be willing to help I would be grateful. I
 have 2 questions:
 1.  When it says right bank fishing does this mean wading is not allowed and one must fish from the right bank only or is this just about access of the water ?

2.  we will be 2 fisherman.   Do you pay for one rod for 2 people or does each person have his own rod?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Matt Hart

Re: Help understanding the rules of Fishing in Scotland
« Reply #1 on: 11/05/2023 at 16:08 »
1. Right and left bank are usually depicted as you stand in the river and look downstream/the direction the river is flowing. As opposite banks are often ran by different estates/clubs they just refer to where they have the access from - you can still wade out in to the river.

2. You pay per angler, it is the person that has paid for the right to fish regardless of how many rods he wants to use. You will likely see when you visit in July, that many anglers carry a few rods with them with different set ups. Personally I often have a dry fly rod set up for if I see any rising fish, and also carry a spinning rod depending on what the water is like where I plan to fish (sorry to mention spinning on here  :X2 haha).

Matthew Riley

Re: Help understanding the rules of Fishing in Scotland
« Reply #2 on: 11/05/2023 at 16:15 »
Ok I get it. Thanks for the clarification.

Matt

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com