Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Trout & Salmon magazine finds new owner
« on: 09/04/2023 at 10:25 »
In what has to be one of the quietest sales that I can recall:

https://www.scottishfair.com/fieldsports-press-acquires-trout-salmon-from-bauer/

I wonder what the future holds for T&S, since Trout Fisherman was merged into T&S it has somehow seemed a very different read. Anyway, hopefully a new owner will breathe new life into a respected fishing title.

H

Mike Barrio

Re: Trout & Salmon magazine finds new owner
« Reply #1 on: 09/04/2023 at 11:28 »
Interesting news, I hadn't heard about that.

Fingers crossed for a bright future, I still enjoy flipping through a hard copy magazine.

Cheers
Mike

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #2 on: 12/04/2023 at 21:33 »
Am surprised that it is still on the go. Last time i read it a few years back it was full of adverts, Would far rather log on here and read about real fishermen than read about some stream or get reports of rivers that are at least 6 weeks out of date.
Bob.

Duncan Inglis

« Reply #3 on: 12/04/2023 at 21:42 »
Interesting.
The T & S were going to publish their annual Stillwater Guide then cancelled the publication all of a sudden.
Unfortunately my Angling club had paid for their entry, £174, just days before they cancelled the publication. An email from Bauer informing advertisers of the cancellation stated that refunds would be sent out. That was in mid February and despite emails and phone calls no refund has yet been received.
I just wonder if any other potential advertisers are in a similar position?

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com