Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

sightbob

river dee
« on: 12/03/2008 at 20:00 »
hi all,
thinking of going on the dee next week, but don't know the river. can anyone suggest a good beat that might be avaiable.
cheers
brian.
 :z15

Jim Eddie

Re: river dee
« Reply #1 on: 12/03/2008 at 20:12 »
Some of the guys who live locally might advise , in the meantime http://www.fishdee.co.uk/

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 13/03/2008 at 08:31 »
Sluie :) I think there are a few rods available :) Best month of the year just now.

Banchory..but you are looking at £60+ a day. Been fishing well i believe.

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 13/03/2008 at 12:39 »
How much per day do you want to spend Brian  :? Dee is getting very pricy  :shock

sightbob

« Reply #4 on: 13/03/2008 at 18:06 »
hi all
thanks for the replies, had a look at the web site and was prepared to pay the going rate as a one off treat, but looking at the forcast for monday it doesn't look too good so we have decided to prospone for the time being, maybe go at a later date if i win the lottery. :z4
just have to be content with the deveron it's been good to me so far.
cheers
brian. :z16

sightbob

« Reply #5 on: 13/03/2008 at 21:07 »
UPDATE

change of mind after checking more forecasts, booked up cambus o'may beat for monday.
any info would be welcome.
cheers
brian.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #6 on: 14/03/2008 at 09:06 »
Good luck Brian :z16

Sandy

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 14/03/2008 at 21:36 »

sightbob

« Reply #8 on: 17/03/2008 at 21:04 »
well just back from the dee and not a lot to report, the first weather report i saw was right very cold with snow showers but that's life take your chance and make the most of it, it did warm up in the afternoon and a couple of fish started to move but i think they were kelts one was very large maybe about 18lb or so.
i think there were about five fish taken today down on the lower beats but my lack of casting practice with the double hander showed me up and i didn't do the pools justice. i was using a 10/11# rated rod with 10# lines but think that rod needs 11# lines to load. (hamish got any more vision rods 9/10#) anyway here's a couple of photo's from today.

tail of the long pool

uncle jim in the long pool

cheers
brian.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 17/03/2008 at 22:45 »
Thanks for the feedback Brian ......... Cracking photos :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com