Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mick Reid

Kemnay
« on: 16/02/2023 at 21:10 »
Hi, im trying to find out when the Kemnay section opens up on fish pal for bookings. Thanks in advance.

Hamish Young

Re: Kemnay
« Reply #1 on: 16/02/2023 at 21:38 »
ADAA have some good water at Kemnay, opposite bank is Fetternear https://www.fishpal.com/Scotland/Don/Fetternear/

Mick Reid

« Reply #2 on: 17/02/2023 at 19:37 »
Thanks Hamish.  Were just not sure what date you can start booking online.

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 17/02/2023 at 21:26 »
On FishPal, you can do it now - I just tried Fetternear and got all the way to payment.

Fred Hay

« Reply #4 on: 18/02/2023 at 06:12 »
You can also get a permit direct from ADAA - refer to their website https://www.adaa.org.uk/fishing/
You can then either go through the Visitor Section or go to Menu and then Shop.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: 18/02/2023 at 10:23 »
I have a feeling Mick is trying to book the Kemnay Angling association water. That’s where they fished last year. 
Might be that the tickets don’t go live until nearer the start of the trout season. I know that’s often the case with Fishpal.
I’ll ask Jamie and see why Fishpal are showing no availability

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #6 on: 18/02/2023 at 12:26 »
Mick

I’ve spoken to Jamie (who runs Kemnay AA)
He is updating Fishpal this weekend so says the ticket availability should be up and running by the end of the week  :z16

Cheers

Sandy

Mick Reid

« Reply #7 on: 23/02/2023 at 19:57 »
I have a feeling Mick is trying to book the Kemnay Angling association water. That’s where they fished last year. 
Might be that the tickets don’t go live until nearer the start of the trout season. I know that’s often the case with Fishpal.
I’ll ask Jamie and see why Fishpal are showing no availability

Spot on Sandy. We have managed to get the tickets for Saturday 8th April. 
Thanks for the replies everyone  :z16 :z16

Mick Reid

« Reply #8 on: 11/04/2023 at 21:25 »
Another great trip up to the Don at the weekend. We fished Alford on Friday and Kemnay on Saturday and neither beat disappointed,  28 fish between the 4 of us mostly on dries.
The weather held up pretty well for us and its a joy to fish this river.  Another trip already booked up .

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com