Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

John Wastle

New member introduction
« on: 15/02/2023 at 21:02 »
Hello, I said earlier that I would post an introduction as I have been registered for while but not got round to posting.

I live in Edinburgh so am well placed to fish in the borders and central belt. I have fly fished for 50 years. Up until about 5 or 6 years ago, I spent about 20 years focusing on salmon and seatrout fishing but since then have concentrated on quality wild trout. As a result I mainly fish rivers and a few upland waters down here. Tweed and Clyde are locals.  Most of my stillwater fishing is on the lochs of Orkney, Caithness, Sutherland, Assynt and the Uists, from my float tube where I can. I occassionally enjoy big rainbow waters like tbe Lake and especially the midlands reserviors at fry time.

Places I have yet to visit or need to visit more are Shetland, Torridon, the Inner Hebs and NE rivers (for trout).

There is a lot of interesting content here so I look forward  to contributing.
John

Sandy Nelson

Re: New member introduction
« Reply #1 on: 16/02/2023 at 09:18 »
Welcome to the Forum John :z18
I hope you find it useful  :z16

best wishes
Sandy

Mike Barrio

Re: New member introduction
« Reply #2 on: 16/02/2023 at 10:17 »
Hi John, welcome to the forum  :z16

Looking forward to hearing how you get on this year, I can see you fish a lot of great water.

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com