Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

River Spey Fly Tying Fair
« on: 08/01/2023 at 22:48 »
River Spey Anglers Association Fly Tying Fair Inchberry near Fochabers Saturday 21st Jan 2023

The fly tying fair for RSAA coming up soon on Saturday 21st Jan, with doors open at 10.00am until 4.00pm.

Another cracking local tying show with some cracking tyers on display without the need to drive for hours and book overnight stays by heading way down to Stafford in February.

Make a day of it, drop in past and have the craic. 
 :z18

Mike Barrio

Re: River Spey Fly Tying Fair
« Reply #1 on: 09/01/2023 at 19:57 »
I added the flyer to your post Allan, and I hope to make it along this year  :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 10/01/2023 at 17:58 »
Really worth a visit, a good day out. Myself and some mates really enjoyed it last year. However I have got something on that day and won't make  it this year.

James Laraway

« Reply #3 on: 12/01/2023 at 09:59 »
i might actually make it along this time !!!

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: 12/01/2023 at 12:37 »
I’m going to make this one too  :z16
Been ages since one fell, off shift

« Reply #5 on: 14/01/2023 at 15:40 »
I am also looking forward to this one.

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 14/01/2023 at 19:45 »
It'll be a hoot for sure - I'm bringing 'little me' and a spare vice so he can have a go if he wants.... or generally just try and blag stuff like he did last time  *smiley-lol*

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #7 on: 14/01/2023 at 20:45 »
H,

If I make it up can you ask little you to blag stuff for me now that I am a poor pensioner?

:X2

Allan Liddle

« Reply #8 on: 15/01/2023 at 12:27 »
You're no needing any more stuff Eddie, in fact you could bring a fraction of yours along and be the one handing out  *smiley-lol*

Seems a real buzz about this wee event and really looking forward to it.
Might even have to get a lift over  *smiley-tongue-out* *smiley-grin*
Seriously just looking forward to catching up with everyone again.

Allan

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #9 on: 15/01/2023 at 13:58 »
Allan,

I can’t argue with that, however you can never have too much stuff  *smiley-funny*

James Laraway

« Reply #10 on: 15/01/2023 at 16:47 »
So, I can confirm that I have a green card for the day *smiley-yippee*
Be interesting to put some faces to names as Ive only met Hamish and Allan

Terry Coging

« Reply #11 on: 16/01/2023 at 22:02 »
Wish I could make it but just too far away. If anyone is coming down for the BFFI a fortnight later why don't you tie a Mayfly and enter it for the mayfly Challenge? I'm offering £100 prize and Barry Ord Clarke will be the judge. If just one of you come down maybe you could bring entries from the others?

James Laraway

« Reply #12 on: 17/01/2023 at 19:40 »
Let's hope the snow eases up before this weekend as there is rather a lot up here at the moment and more due tonight

Allan Liddle

« Reply #13 on: 20/01/2023 at 10:42 »
Snow mostly gone over here with all roads clear so no excuses  *smiley-tongue-out*
Take care in the Hall carpark as it will probably be slippery due to packed snow having turned to ice, don't want anyone breaking their new rods before getting the chance to christen them  :)

Hope to see you all there, should be a really good day and certainly a cracking little local show.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #14 on: 20/01/2023 at 13:34 »
H,

If I make it up can you ask little you to blag stuff for me now that I am a poor pensioner?

:X2

So I guess the cat is out of the bag...I did wonder why you messaged me asking if I'd like to take my girls along 😅

Cheers,

Steven.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com