Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

McFarland Spruce Creek 693 New
« on: 12/12/2022 at 11:38 »
Hi Guys

SOLD
I’ve been sitting on this for a while now, but I have a cancelled order Mcfarland Spruce creek 6’9” 3wt. This is a super quick little rod and one of the very best (if not the best) small stream glass rod. It has an insanely fast tip that makes it amazing for bow and arrow, wiggle, puddle, hooks and aerial mends in tight quarters. It’s quite unstable in the hand which makes it huge fun to flick around. However you can slow the stroke down and it stabilises beautifully for presenting a dry at ranges up to 50’.
This was made with downsliding blued nickel silver and figured rosewood reel seat that blends into the rear of the 5.5” taper grip. Wrapped in Chinese red silk and with a lovely clear red agate it’s a real fun rod to look at too.
It has been test cast a few times on grass and once on water but I’ve cleaned it up and it’s like new.
I would have kept it for myself but I have a couple of small stream rods already so it wouldnt get used, which would be a real waste.
These blanks are now a lot more expensive than when I got this one due to shipping costs and exchange rates so to make it now would be over £600.
This one is available for £495 delivered in the U.K. it comes with a tweed bag and glass tube like all my builds and is basically as new. The tube has an Andrea Larko sticker and the rod and tube have the special name the rod was given , which really suits it.

PM me if interested and thank you for looking :z18

Cheers

Sandy

James Laraway

Re: McFarland Spruce Creek 693
« Reply #1 on: 12/12/2022 at 16:04 »
OK, so I had to google Andrea Larko...now I wish I hadn't.

Thanks for that Sandy  *smiley-lol*

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 12/12/2022 at 22:07 »
Nice, very nice Sandy  :)

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 13/12/2022 at 09:04 »
OK, so I had to google Andrea Larko...now I wish I hadn't.

Thanks for that Sandy  *smiley-lol*

You’re welcome James  :z18
I’m lucky enough to actually count Andrea as a friend and she is a fantastic artist. I’m building her a rod this winter on this very blank (but in a special order black glass she sourced from Mike Mcfarland as they both live in Pennsylvania)
So there is always an interesting wee story  :z16

Sandy

Kav Ring

« Reply #4 on: 29/12/2022 at 21:42 »
Lovely looking rod!!
I still hoping to get one of the Andrea Larko yeti tumblers :)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com