Duncan McRae

Re: If you had to choose only one fly.
« Reply #17 on: 05/03/2008 at 12:02 »
Olive Quill for me on the rivers

Duncan

m stewart

« Reply #18 on: 05/03/2008 at 19:18 »
a hard question indeed some flies become fashionable others have been around for yonks  I tend to fish nymphs a lot for rainbows on small and large stillwaters I think the main reason for this is the decline in terrestrial insects which tends to keep the troot doon Ihave been fishing for half a century  yes Im no parr and have long smolted  what do you think on the declline I remember when the air used to be black with insects in Summer  I wonder if gaudy lures fished on sunk lines would have taken brownies on the hallo;d Harray back then     What about the Don how has it affected the brownie fishing?       

Mikes

Jim Eddie

« Reply #19 on: 05/03/2008 at 19:28 »
Mikes

Yes I do notice the lack of insect  life nowadays, It is more noticeable further south though , I normally spend a week in north Yorkshire in July , at one time driving round at that time of year your car  would be covered in dead beasties, different story today   :cry

:z18

Jim

« Reply #20 on: 18/04/2008 at 00:02 »
On still waters blobs or pink okey dokey. Blobs can be fished on the surface or deeper while okey dokeys are just good fun.

Jamie  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com