Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ivor Duffus

Feargal Sharkey
« on: 28/08/2022 at 15:17 »
Who would of thought watching the undertones in the 70s Feargal Sharkey would turn out to be the leading activist against the government and water companies for dumping sewage in the rivers and destroying the English chalk streams with water abstraction and sewage.

On the News almost every day now as well as the social media and press coverage. He has certainly got the publics  attention. 

Tip of the hat Feargal.

After raw sewage was released into the Spey the other week I think Feargal is required in Scotland.

Terry Coging

Re: Feargal Sharkey
« Reply #1 on: 01/09/2022 at 08:09 »
Yes, Fergal is doing a good job and putting it across in such a way that the general public will take notice.
Our fishing club here in Staffordshire have experience 3 massif pollution incidents that wiped out all fish stocks and their food chain.
Over the years these rivers have recovered to some extent but not to their former quality. 
Effluent discharging is not the only form of pollution that we are worried about. We are concerned about the none visible toxic stuff  that is affecting our river ecology, which ultimately affects us. Our club have joined the Water Quality Monitoring Network - WQMN run by Angling Trust and we will be taking water samples on a regular basis. We also appointed a Club Environment Officer (me). I am hoping that other clubs take these matters seriously and do something about it.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com