Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ivor Duffus

Chest of Dee
« on: 23/07/2022 at 13:45 »
Walking back to the car from Beinn Bhrotain wishing i had took a bivy tent on Monday 🤷🏻‍♂️

Great location for a wild Camp ⛺️

Duncan McRae

Re: Chest of Dee
« Reply #1 on: 23/07/2022 at 23:46 »
Stunning photo Ivor

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 24/07/2022 at 14:45 »
Yep, cracking photo  :z16

Would love to fish somewhere like that, even though you know the fish are going to be small in that kind of terrain.

Ivor Duffus

« Reply #3 on: 24/07/2022 at 14:48 »
Stunning photo Ivor

Passed 3 tents ⛺️ on the way down. That spot I took the photo  Is only 6k from Linn of Dee car park. 32k for the whole walk. But i added a chunk as my map never showed the path up over Carn Cloich mhuilinn then follow a burn up the flank of Beinn  Bhrotain.

I wandered right up Glen Dee and along the stream between Devils Point and Beinn Bhrotain leaving a brutal  climb on pathless terrain Up to the summit 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️.  It was worth it.

The decent was easy with a stalkers path back down following the burn between the 2 summits,

Definitely a Munro worth bagging. I was to knackered in the heat to add Monadh Mor nearby.    :X2 :X2.

Ivor Duffus

« Reply #4 on: 24/07/2022 at 14:53 »
Yep, cracking photo  :z16

Would love to fish somewhere like that, even though you know the fish are going to be small in that kind of terrain.

Yes it’s a shame the upper Dee doesn’t seem to have much decent trout fishing. But some of the tributaries ones look interesting. The lower Gairn looks to have cracking little pools and glides.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com