Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Something Cool from Fraserburgh
« on: 29/02/2008 at 00:26 »
I don't know if any of you have heard about "BrewDog" ..... based locally in Fraserburgh?

Check out http://www.brewdog.com/index.php and make sure you follow the big heading type links at the top of the page :wink

I've heard great things about their new products and at least one of the owners is a fly fisher :z16
Great stuff
Mike

Sandy Nelson

Re: Something Cool from Fraserburgh
« Reply #1 on: 29/02/2008 at 06:46 »
Now i wannna come home :cry

Brian Brand

« Reply #2 on: 29/02/2008 at 10:40 »
Hi Mike,

I have never tried any of them but I have seen them for sale in the Whisky shop in Huntly.

That's the shopping I like, Fishing & Whisky shops.

I will try and get some for us to try, purely for experimental reasons only of course. :z7

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 29/02/2008 at 13:18 »
Get with it Mike ;)..my ex local had it on tap..well..for a while  :oops I saw them at the Grampian Food Fair last summer, and sampled a few..as yopu do :) I then got the pub to take in a barrel or two to try out..ooops

Here is my view on them...

Punk IPA...terrible...the pub ended up removing it from sale as no one liked it

Paradox...if you like the taste of TCP then go for this...aged in whisky casks from Islay so has a vey destinced Islay flavour..which on a personnel note, I hate.

The Physics...I liked this one..a lot..and have a few bottles at home.

Hop Rocker...not bad..easy drinking

Now..having said a few negative things, a beer is much like a woman in that everyone has different tastes and i would say try them for yourself and support a local Micro Brewery :)

Also, there is a Micro Brewery at Kildrummy :)

Kev Danby

« Reply #4 on: 29/02/2008 at 16:00 »
Not quite micro brewery but have you tried the Innis and Gunn. It is also matured in whisky barrels and is dangerously easy to drink.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 29/02/2008 at 16:23 »
Innes and Gunn is one of my favourite bottled beers...and Fursty Ferret :)..mmmm...looks like a trip to the supermarket tonight on the way home :)

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 29/02/2008 at 16:24 »
I'll be picking up a couple of Orkney Dark Islands on the way home tonight  :z18 :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 29/02/2008 at 17:01 »
Get with it Mike ;)

Turning in to a hermit I am :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com