Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Laraway

More posts please !
« on: 22/06/2022 at 15:37 »
So, we have quite a few regular posters on the forum - but we also have a lot of people who don't really post and/or share their experiences/stories.

It would be lovely to hear a bit more about people's adventures and catches from around the country ( and even outside the country !)

So, if you are thinking of posting, just give it a go, you never know you might like it  :z16

Mike Barrio

Re: More posts please !
« Reply #1 on: 23/06/2022 at 00:21 »
Nice post James, it would certainly be great to see a bit more activity  :)

I guess, in many cases, folk have simply got out of the habit of posting ...... and the various Social Media platforms are taking up a good chunk of their time.

What is the future for independent internet forums like this? That is a big topic, and very much down to all the members and friends.

A forum doesn't need to be busy, it just needs enough posts to keep it interesting and fun, and we can all play our part in that  :z16

Cheers
Mike

Terry Coging

« Reply #2 on: 23/06/2022 at 07:12 »
I prefer this forum to some of the big ones due to it's high quality postings. Quality not quantity  :z16
Must post something about last weeks trip to Assynt......

James Laraway

« Reply #3 on: 23/06/2022 at 10:34 »
I agree on quality over quantity, but it would certainly be nice to get a few more posters/posts.

I know a lot of people use social media these days but I'd hate to see 'old fashioned' forums like this disappear just through lack of use as other platforms are 'easier and quicker' to use if you know what i mean ?

This forum is also far better as your don't have lots of people fighting on it like 'cats in a bag' - like most other forums !

I prefer this forum to some of the big ones due to it's high quality postings. Quality not quantity  :z16
Must post something about last weeks trip to Assynt......

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 23/06/2022 at 11:19 »
James - "old fashioned forums"  *smiley-shocking*

#Classic-Forums   #Classic-Forums-Rock   *smiley-wink*   *smiley-grin*

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 24/06/2022 at 14:55 »
I have installed a 'Like' button in the 'Social Corner' part of the forum by the way, as it kind of ties in with that section.

But it's important to remember that our posts might not receive many likes, forums are simply different, and most folk are more likely to post a reply than click a like button  :z16

If you would like this installed in any other section, I'm always open to suggestions that would help to improve the forum.

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #6 on: 28/06/2022 at 07:40 »
I am one who seldom posts as i find the other posts very interesting. I do very much like the photos.
Come the back end then i tend to spend more time on here.
Enjoy this forum as there is not the rubbish that you get on others.
Thanks for all the time and effort you put into it.
Bob.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com