Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Laraway

Re: Jerome From France !
« Reply #15 on: 12/07/2022 at 13:06 »
Fishing the burns and where they go into the loch is generally free so don't worry about that. Just use Google maps to see where the burns go in near you. As long as your not fishing for salmon nobody will generally care 👍. That's why there is not a lot of info on trout fishing here - most people fish for salmon . Further north and south there are well known trout lochs but in Inverness and Inverness shire not so much. The rivers are predominantly fished for salmon ...

Jerome Esbelin

« Reply #16 on: 12/07/2022 at 18:50 »
His answer :

sorry but i don’t know anyone who sells tickets.  I would just go fishing and no one can stop you in Scotland. If it’s only for trout. If you can travel call Eagle Brae and fish their rivers.  I will be there tomorrow.

James Laraway

« Reply #17 on: 12/07/2022 at 20:26 »
I stayed at eagle brae once and it's lovely. Good luck on the river and streams. As for the 'advice' he gave you about just turn up and fish , nobody can stop you etc...that's about the worst advice I've ever heard from a 'fishing guide'

Jerome Esbelin

« Reply #18 on: 12/07/2022 at 22:28 »
Many local people told me the same here in Drumnadrochit :
If it’s not a salmon water, if therés no angling club around, go fishing !
So I went fishing this evening, met a lot of people on the bank … much more than trouts !!!
No water in River coiltie and  very very low water for river Enrick … down on my knees, in 10centimeters of warm water I have caught two very small trouts !!
Next time it will be tuesday or friday … probably on river nevis … I found how to buy day ticket there … yessss ! ( but maybe this is the same, wind, low and warm water !!! )

Jerome Esbelin

« Reply #19 on: 13/07/2022 at 22:36 »
Jon Gibb from the River Lochy Association is ok to go fishing with me this friday … it sounds great for me !
Somebody  knows this nice man ?

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com