Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Alex Russell

Loch Leven
« on: 27/05/2022 at 11:20 »
Yesterday had to go down to Dunfermline being of an age used the mega bus for free. Went past loch level no boats out probably the gale force winds, boy did it bring back memories fishing there in the 70's, dead man's shoes in those days to get a boat, can still remember the drifts, saint surfs, burghly sands, castle island, trapple hole. Great times and I need to get back out on her, when I took up fly fishing giving up bait and spinning on loch Thom and guddling on the cut, I got a Hardy Invincible 11foot 3inch 7# for my 18th. Would love to find another one. If any of you guys have one hiding in a cuboard, give me a shout👍. Would love to fish with one again on loch leven.

Cheers,

Alex

Steven Kidd

Re: Loch Leven
« Reply #1 on: 27/05/2022 at 11:38 »
Alex,

I was on missions last year on Leven, fairly easy to get a boat these days although this time of year weekends are busy.  The way folk fish the loch nowadays is not to drift....they all anchor up and fish buzzers, especially in May / June. on Di3 and Intermediate lines.
Cant help you with the rod, but I do fish the same 11'3" Daiwa Whisker 5-7 on there for nostalgia, :-).

I might make a trip down this year but I'm hooked on my river fishing this season.

Steven

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 27/05/2022 at 11:45 »
Wouldn't have fancied it this week, getting a bit fed up with this wind now  *smiley-unhappy*

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 27/05/2022 at 13:10 »
You will have to ease up on the beans  :X2

Steven Kidd

« Reply #4 on: 27/05/2022 at 13:20 »

*smiley-lol* *smiley-funny*

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 27/05/2022 at 13:33 »
I thought it was the anchovies  :X1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com