Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Mundie

Glasgow Angling Centre open day
« on: 26/02/2008 at 20:30 »
I see they got an open weekend next week (7th,8th,9th March).
I'm working in arbroath on Fri night so thought since i was bout 1/3 the way i would stay over and travel the rest on sat morn.

Has anyone been to it before is it worth going to?

Dave

Rob Brownfield

Re: Glasgow Angling Centre open day
« Reply #1 on: 26/02/2008 at 21:30 »
Handy if you want to try a few rods on there casting pool :)..take lots of money as its like a sweet shop down there...

Dave Mundie

« Reply #2 on: 26/02/2008 at 22:22 »
Handy if you want to try a few rods on there casting pool :)..take lots of money as its like a sweet shop down there...

Thats what im afraid of might end up buying stuff i dont really need, you know the score hey that looks cool i have that but end up never using it.

Dave

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 27/02/2008 at 08:35 »
Thing is Dave..most of the stuff you can get in local shops..but when you see it piled high on shelves in what looks like a supermarket, you just buy, buy, buy....lol

Its a nightmare for me with the Pike lures..lol

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 27/02/2008 at 21:18 »
Dave,

It is an impressive store - one piece of advice - walk round the store twice before you start to to fill your 'net bag' or your money will have run out before you exit aisle 1.

I think they have guest tyers, casters, experts and the odd celeb' so you can glean a fair bit of knowledge as well as tackle.

Iain

Dave Mundie

« Reply #5 on: 27/02/2008 at 21:24 »
i need to make a short list of things i might need and try to stick to it.

1st on list get as much free advice as poss  :z4

Dave

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com