Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

Todays fishing buddy
« on: 27/04/2022 at 17:02 »
Mike and I had a different fishing buddy today

Mike Barrio

Re: Todays fishing buddy
« Reply #1 on: 27/04/2022 at 18:28 »
Lots of buddies today, deer, hare - perhaps there was a message in there somewhere  *smiley-grin*

Cracking day to be on the river  :z16

Iain Cameron

« Reply #2 on: 28/04/2022 at 08:25 »
Nice companion to have.  An osprey flew over me the other day on mid Don, with a squirming brownie of about a pound or so in its talons. Very cool, though I didn’t see the actual capture.

A stoat strutting its stuff is probably my rarest sighting so far this season.

Alex Russell

« Reply #3 on: 30/04/2022 at 18:15 »
For me it was Thursday on the Avon pine Martin came up the opposite bank have it a squeak an it stopped looking straight at me then scurried off into the undergrowth

Allan Liddle

« Reply #4 on: 01/05/2022 at 09:22 »
Been very lucky this year with Otters, Ospreys, Stoat, Red Squirrels, Kingfishers all making an appearance.
Spotted Red Kites (not around here though), Buzzards, Sparrow Hawk (front garden), Badgers (alive and dead), Roe Deer, Dolphins (in the sea not on the river  *smiley-tongue-out*), and a first was a hare swimming across the Deveron.

Rarest things so far though have been Ian Cameron buying me a coffee and Hamish smile and wave when he drove past me yesterday  *smiley-funny*

James Laraway

« Reply #5 on: 04/05/2022 at 11:19 »
Funny you mention pine martins ! I hadn't ever seen one until 2 weeks ago.

However, driving back from having dropped off a pal who was doing the Loch Ness Etape the other weekend one ran accross the road in front of me at about 0530 on the outskirts of inverness.

Then last night at about 930pm one casually walked up my drive and past the living room window !!!

For me it was Thursday on the Avon pine Martin came up the opposite bank have it a squeak an it stopped looking straight at me then scurried off into the undergrowth

Iain Cameron

« Reply #6 on: 04/05/2022 at 15:58 »
Rarest things so far though have been Ian Cameron buying me a coffee ...

aye, very funny :-)

Pine Marten - that's a very cool sighting indeed

Ian Fraser-Stables

« Reply #7 on: 05/05/2022 at 22:31 »
Gosh you all live in the most beautiful part of the World.  :)

James Laraway

« Reply #8 on: 05/05/2022 at 22:50 »
I went out for the first time this season this evening and there was a sea eagle over the loch ?!?!?;

Terry Coging

« Reply #9 on: 06/05/2022 at 09:13 »
Been on Clywedog yesterday and Wed. Red Kites and an Osprey were my buddies. Plenty of fish too - averaging 3lb (my pal had a ten pounder!). I was straight lining buzzers on the wafting rod.
Clywedog has got to be the most scenic lake in the Principality and although it is stocked it is like wild fishing.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #10 on: 08/05/2022 at 00:03 »

My fishing buddies today in the marshes of Louisiana were pelicans and alligators and millions of horseflies which were attacking us all day. However the redfish and the Drum were a blast on the 888 epic that was built by Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com