Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery - Revisited
« on: 10/04/2022 at 17:34 »
Out n about ..... took a run over to Haddo Trout Fishery today  *smiley-sad*

Storm Arwen caused horrendous damage to the trees on the estate, it was really hit hard  *smiley-unhappy*

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery - Revisited
« Reply #1 on: 10/04/2022 at 17:41 »

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 10/04/2022 at 21:34 »
Seeing the place as a whole is sad indeed, seeing those boats like that just breaks my heart  *smiley-sad*
Many a happy day at Haddo, it is very sad indeed that it's in that state now  :(

Steven Kidd

« Reply #3 on: 10/04/2022 at 22:12 »
I too have been round and about there walking the dog......the boat in my Avatar pic......,  *smiley-sad*

Steven

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 10/04/2022 at 22:56 »
 ..... probably best that I only comment on the storm damage  *smiley-unhappy*

Dave Robb

« Reply #5 on: 11/04/2022 at 01:06 »
There are several ex fisheries sitting unused across the north east.  Sad to see.

Not convinced it’s due to a lack of people wanting to fish for rainbows, maybe just not enough people wanting to take on the burden.

Fred Hay

« Reply #6 on: 11/04/2022 at 05:53 »
Sad to see it looking so dilapidated ....must be heartbreaking to see it now Mike.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 11/04/2022 at 11:03 »
There have been a few folk running the fishery since I was there ( three I think ) but I still had a strange feeling of responsibility as I walked around the lake, and it was very hard to resist the urge to try to tidy things up!

It will take many years for the woods to recover from the storm damage, that's going to be a huge task!

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #8 on: 12/04/2022 at 07:34 »
Sad to see the fishery in this state. I fondly remember the good old days there!!!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com