Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Terry Coging

Disaster and success
« on: 28/03/2022 at 11:27 »
OK - lets start with the success. I bought a GT90 3 weight  last week to try on the 15' wafting rods.
For early season  on the reservoirs I needed a couple more yards out of the rod for nymphing. The line proved to be perfect on both the 'tippy' wafter rod and on the mid actioned one. So smooth....and just the right weight and balance :z16  I netted a lot of fish over two outings using tungsten head #14 nymph on the point and conventional buzzer on a dropper. The takes were very positive and easy to detect.

The disaster - Having connected the new line to the backing, I went to put the line spool on a spigot but the spool dropped apart! Half the spool and the line feel in a heap on the floor :(  It took 1 1/2 hours of painstaking unravelling before re attaching it to the backing and winding on to the reel. It took some patience but coiled line was the last thing i wanted. The spool halves were very loose.  The two cats that were trying to 'help' made matters worse!

Mike Barrio

Re: Disaster and success
« Reply #1 on: 28/03/2022 at 13:11 »
Hi Terry

Really pleased that you like the line  :)

I feel your pain, all fly line packaging spools come in two halves and some are a tighter fit than others  *smiley-unhappy*

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com