Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mateusz Pokora

Wychwood trueflex 13ft 9/10 need a line
« on: 19/03/2022 at 11:23 »
Hello, I need some advice. Looking for a good multitip line for my rod.  Already have floating line which I bought in the shop but its useless with this rod. I have spoke to casting instructor and he said that the line have no casting weight which means in the shop they didn't manage to adjust rod and line at all. Can't find any information on exact weight which that rod should cast, so it's really hard to do it myself as I'm new to salmon rods.  Will be superb if anyone could help.

Mike Barrio

Re: Wychwood trueflex 13ft 9/10 need a line New
« Reply #1 on: 19/03/2022 at 11:46 »
Hi Mateusz - welcome to the forum  :z16

Difficult one, Wychwood don't seem to offer this information on their website or in their catalogue  :X1

With a bit of luck, somebody will have the same rod and will be able to help you.

If not - I would send them an email and ask for the recommended grain weight window for their rod: info@wychwoodgame.co.uk

Best wishes
Mike

Hamish Young

Re: Wychwood trueflex 13ft 9/10 need a line
« Reply #2 on: 19/03/2022 at 12:42 »
Not cast that model of rod that I can recall, but if looking for a multi-tip (shooting head) I'd look at two:

1. Mackenzie G3 Floating Multi-Tip 9/10, 42grams. Around £105
2. Rio Scandi VersiTip #10 42grams. Around £160

There are many other options, but I'd say these two are probably the best multi-tip lines out there on the market.
Personally, I'd go for the 42g (10) over the 38g (9) when looking at the shorter headed lines perhaps more suitable for a 13' rod.  But much depends on where you're fishing Mateusz, you may even be better looking at a Skagit set-up; there are certainly a great many options out there.

Mateusz Pokora

Re: Wychwood trueflex 13ft 9/10 need a line
« Reply #3 on: 19/03/2022 at 17:02 »
Thank you for answers.
Was looking at both lines and I even cast the rio scandi versitip yesterday and love it. Fishing mostly on river Tay.  Also send email to wychwood and waiting for reply.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com