Euan off the mark
« on: 15/03/2022 at 14:54 »
For those with access to Facebook, Mr Innes and a nice wee fish  :z18

https://fb.watch/bMooJgaRMP/

Make that a double.....

Mike Barrio

Re: Euan off the mark
« Reply #1 on: 15/03/2022 at 17:57 »
Did the ghillies go on a photography course during lockdown  :?

Another cracking shot ..... that's a belter Euan  :)

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 15/03/2022 at 18:05 »
He's done well - 2 fish for the day so far :z18

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 15/03/2022 at 18:20 »
 *smiley-yippee* Marvellous  *smiley-yippee*
What a pair of stunners.

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: 18/03/2022 at 10:51 »
Thanks everyone.
It was indeed a special day. Firstly, I had been stuck on 13lb as my largest fish, a PB that had stood from 1997, so two more pounds was a milestone, which will hopefully lead to bigger and better things *smiley-wink*
Secondly, this was only the second time that I have had 2 salmon on the same day. The last time was on the Ness on my birthday in 2016, so again a bit of a wait.
The second fish was one of the best takes I have ever had. It rolled at the tail of the pool, a proper head and tail. I stuck a long, perfect cast (unusual for me *smiley-grin*) and dropped the fly a foot in front of the fish and it just smashed the fly as it hit the water. Magic!
Salmon fishing is simple perseverance and if you put in the hours, you get the reward, it just takes a while!
Steven started the trip with a belter and Eddie must have been out with the Autosol to make his fish so shiny, but we were all grinning in front of the log burner that night. Will put the hours in but with no joy. Next time Will, next time.
One of the best fishing trips of my life. It was cold and challenging but a Scottish spring trip at its best.
Next up is the Lower Beauly in April. Can't wait! :z16

Euan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com