Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Now I know why you kept that one quiet Steven ..... what a belter Eddie  >)

James Laraway

Re: Eddie getting the salmon season off to a good start
« Reply #1 on: 15/03/2022 at 14:47 »
looks photoshopped to me... *smiley-lol*

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: 15/03/2022 at 18:23 »
Oooft  *smiley-love*

Stevie Rennie

« Reply #3 on: 15/03/2022 at 19:36 »
 What a beauty, well done  :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 18/03/2022 at 15:07 »
That's a cracker Eddie  :z16

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: 20/03/2022 at 16:00 »
Thanks guys,

An interesting time on the North Esk four the four of us. Steven got us started off on day one with a mint 8 pounder followed by Euan very early on day two ( I was still in bed at the time) as stated elsewhere this particular fish netted for him by Steven beat his PB of 13 pounds as it was an easy 15, well done Euan. I finally got out and fished hard all the way down to the pool in front of the hut ( Hamish, you know the one) . Down in the tail I saw a kelt jump and as my line swung over the lie I got a decent take. As I tightened into it, it was not doing much and I was sure I was into the kelt so I leaned into it and basically reeled it to my feet at which point all hell broke loose and the fish rampaged it’s way over to the other bank. This tug of war went on briefly until the net went under him. 18 pounds of spring perfection was admired and subsequently released. That’s the last two seasons on this beat and both times I have seen more fish from the car park setting up my rod than I have seen in all of my Dee spring days recently. The North Esk appears to be in good health but I have serious concerns for the Dee. Last Tuesday we equalled the catch of the entire Dee catchment area from one pool. That can’t be right.

Eddie

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com