Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Alex Reynolds

Any advice on whether this would be worth a shot in early June greatly appreciated... wondering if the fish just fly through and only hold up here in the back-end ?

Beautiful place, wonderful time of year, good trout to dry fly ? (But would dearly love a salmon!)

Mike Barrio

Re: Mini Daltra and Levrattich, Glenferness, Findhorn
« Reply #1 on: 09/12/2021 at 14:24 »
Hi Alex ..... welcome to the forum  :z16

The Findhorn is not my forte I'm afraid ..... but fingers crossed, maybe one of the forum members from further north can help you out with this one.

Best wishes
Mike

James Laraway

« Reply #2 on: 09/12/2021 at 16:31 »
I'm no expert on the Findhorn but i think there would be fish there is June

I cant remember if the beats you mention are above or below the findhorn gorge but in the summer time there are certainly fish in the gorge....

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 10/12/2021 at 10:31 »
I'm familiar with some of those beats and there are Salmon about from late April - but I think May onward is better.
Some beats do hold some nice trout, I've had some nice trout this season past when actually targeting silver tourists.

Alex Reynolds

« Reply #4 on: 11/12/2021 at 09:06 »
Thank you very much for your replies - I'll cross the fingers for rain but take some dry flies to hopefully cover all the options...

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com