Fishing The Fly Forum

Matt Hart

Corby Loch
« on: 18/11/2021 at 11:58 »
Does anyone have any current info on Corby Loch?

The last post I could find about it in here was from back in 2018 - just wondered if there had been any news/changes since.

Just seems like a waste of a good place if it has been abandoned. I wonder if there's anything left in it, or if the resident birds have totally cleared it out  :z8

Matt Hart

Re: Corby Loch
« Reply #1 on: 18/11/2021 at 13:18 »
Went for a walk at lunch time just for a nosey...looks fairly abandoned. Couldn't see any aquatic life - but it was quite windy with a fair ripple on the water so it would have been difficult to spot anything anyway.

Hamish Young

Matt Hart

« Reply #3 on: 18/11/2021 at 14:47 »
I worked on that section of the bypass while it was being built (driving tractors/dumpers/360's etc) and it really wouldn't surprise me that the pollution from that would have ran in to the loch. I worked one winter driving a tractor with a water bowser on the back just emptying flooded areas in to other ponds and the attitude towards the pollution/environment side of things was just non-existent. Unless the HSE man was literally watching them - no one gave a toss about what waste went where.

It also wouldn't surprise me that his caravan was broken in to and the "scientific findings" were stolen, as there were a LOT of dodgey characters working on that project that would have done anything to silence a potential threat to their wages.

It would be interesting to see if the loch could make a comeback now though with a small stocking, since the bypass construction work has settled.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 18/11/2021 at 22:03 »
I've driven past it numerous times since the bypass opened and never seen a soul fishing the loch

:z18

Jim