Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

speyghillie

The Bow River Alberta
« on: 09/02/2008 at 21:30 »
Hi Guys,
Just got back from a cold three weeks in Calgary, if you guys are interested in Troot fishing somewhere abroad check out the Bow river running right through Calgary, the fishing is something else.
Rainbows that fight like crazy and broonies to twelve pound, even down town the fishing pressure is next to nothing, its the best troot fishing i have ever seen on a wild river.
Direct flights from Glasgow to Calgary, got to be worth a wee look.
I'm off back again in April, before the snow run off.
Gordon.

Jim Eddie

Re: The Bow River Alberta
« Reply #1 on: 09/02/2008 at 21:39 »
Gordon

What are the flight costs and from which airport ? Sounds great.

:z18

Jim

speyghillie

« Reply #2 on: 10/02/2008 at 00:50 »
Hi Jim,
I fly direct from Glasgow to Calgary for around £450 return, the fishing is brilliant and because of the regs it never gets over fished, no bait fishing, total catch and release, being in a city there is loads of accomodation, just don't stay down town (way to expensive), but there is lots of really good accomodation thats around £30 per person per night.
Gordon.
PS the flight back gets you into Glasgow first thing in the morning.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 10/02/2008 at 01:05 »
Nice one Gordon :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 11/02/2008 at 17:58 »
Gordon

Thanks for the info , now the difficult part , persuading my wife I need to go  :z6

:z18

Jim

gunner100

« Reply #5 on: 11/02/2008 at 21:36 »
I have a sudden urge to visit my sister and bro-in-law in Calgary!!!

Lyall

speyghillie

« Reply #6 on: 14/02/2008 at 13:52 »
Hi Guys,
If anybody fancies a trip tp the Bow and St Marys rivers in Alberta let me know, i'm going in August after the summer run off, i dont do trips commercially but can put a package together with all the detail, would be good to have some guys come out, see what i'm talking about.
If you want some detail and prices (wont be scary) i can get the detail in the next week or two.
Thanks Gordon.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com