Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Tom Benson

M Marshall Double Handed Fly Rods
« on: 04/11/2021 at 13:31 »

Hi ....... I am in possession of a M Marshall Double Handed Fly Rod ; 15' x 10wt.        I find it to Through Actioned for my needs !
              Any advice regarding an alternative ?
                                                                                                Tom

Hamish Young

Re: M Marshall Double Handed Fly Rods
« Reply #1 on: 04/11/2021 at 17:51 »
Difficult to be constructive in recommending anything unless you define a bit more what you want Tom, things to consider:

1. Another 15', or something shorter :?
2. You want to use the lines you already have, or are thinking about a change :?
3. New or used, budget :?

You can pick up some really decent kit second-hand,  an original 15' Mackenzie DTX would be a great option,  as would a David Norwich, (and many others :!) but you could pick up a new Shakespeare Oracle 15' for around £100 and it will be significantly less through actioned than the Michael Marshall 15'
If you're interested in something cutting edge then the 15' rod that I have been most impressed by this year has been the LTS Complete Graphene , which I think is a deeply impressive 'second generation' Graphene rod - I'm not sure what the price point is for that, but it'll not be cheap.

H

Tom Benson

Re: M Marshall Double Handed Fly Rods
« Reply #2 on: 05/11/2021 at 07:48 »

Hi Hamish....
                                  lots to think on ; thank you.  Almost forgot to mention my Lennox 17' x 10 / 11 wt Blank ! I bought from Alan Brown directly ( of the Lennox company ).
                                 I put a handle on it (( aka M Evans )). Sent off to a Rod Maker : nothing , he told me that he didn't feel capable of ringing up to enough of a " standard "..

Tom

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com